McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

New Zealand816 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 816 reviews matching the searchSee all 215,391 reviews

it’s fun but it’s giving you anxiety all the time especially when you’re from other country

u need to be competitive all the time even if you’re new, but it is a good thing because it enhances your skills, but when you got a compliment I’m just not really sure if it’s genuine or not.

poorly organised

did not like it but was near my house and the crew people were cool. new manager ruined it for me though as he kept rostering me outside of my contract, really good during lockdown though for level three.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

broke contract

Stressful, not suitable for those with anxiety or chronic health conditions

I've been working at McDonald's almost 2 months and I've been finding it stressful to the max. It's been especially difficult with my chronic plantar faciitis and my anxiety.

negative workplace

managers are rude and try bribe you to stay when you try leave. lots of bullying in workplace. this was overall the most toxic environment i had ever been surrounded by.

Pros

50% meal when working

Cons

don’t give you hours you want. toxic environment

It was a really toxic environment to work in

Not a place I would ever work again, it’s super toxic as managers there are so double faced. They treat everyone differently and super unprofessional.

Never ever encourage to work in McDonald’s

I waited for so many opportunities but due to Nationality and I was on a working visa treated like a use and throw staff. I would recommend never encourage anyone to go and work for this company

Be prepared

When I first started I adjusted to the environment quite fast, I soon learned that the work environment is very competitive and stressful. Some days are better than others and often hard to work in. Overall, it is an interesting experience and I've learned a lot of new skills and met a lot of people.

Pros

Half-price meals.

Cons

Long hours, stressful rushes

Fast paced and stressful

Extremely toxic staff, bullying. Terrible management. Customers are awesome. If you stand still for longer than 1 second you're told "find something to do" by grumpy managers.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Bullying

Ok fun people to work with

Overall good company, global standards, but senior mgt need some work didn’t know what you would get each day. Not much of a work life balance as your phone goes off non stop

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Upper mgt

sad and dingey

was not a good place to work. lovely team members and creepy managers. pay sucks and hours were very skeleton, giving you very little shifts so they gain more money out of cheating workers. maybe other locations, branches are great but not the one i worked for.

Pros

liked my team members

Cons

creepy managers. barely any hours to work, very little money.

Productivity and Music Fun Working Place

McDonald’s I am loving 🥰 it. Working in McDonald’s is honorary and I am proud of it since they have fast food business development plan accordingly we need help.

Pros

Free lunch to staff please

Cons

8 hours shifts is good

Fast paced stressful can be fun if you got a good team

Fast paced stressful can be fun if you got a good team and good manager otherwise this job is insanely stressful and hard make sure you negotiate hours so you dont over do urself

A good start but shouldn’t be permanent

I’ve been here for almost 2 years. It’s a good first job but you gotta be able to handle stress. I’m a CT/Barista & you will have to work with and serve the worst people in the entire planet. Sometimes it’s a good shift but do not stay here for the long run. Hustle & leave once you’re financially stable. BUT rostering is good. Flexible for teenagers.

Good first job

It's a good first job for anyone, it teaches you so many lessons that will be so critical in the wider workforce. It is a fast paced environment that can be stressful but certainly so useful. It offers a variety of skills from the kitchen to front counter working the til,. I worked with many of my high school friends which made the working environment fun. Management were really nice at my restaurant cannot really speak for others. It also taught me communication skills which has been so useful.

Fast Paced

Working here was fun and easy if you had good work mates. The job itself can be pretty overwhelming at first but if trained properly was easy enough. You got the hang of it the more shifts you worked and being able to communicate makes the work load flow much easier.

Pros

People

Cons

Can be stressful/overwhelming at times

fast paced

it is a good for first job, the people were fun to work with. it is fast paced and there is always something to do, but it can be stressful during rush hours

Good first job

My first job and so far hasnt been too bad. Can get hectic on some days but also be chill. Good team around me and very flexible with hours. From what ive heard the pay is not worth the work which seems to be true but i havent worked anywhere else yet

Busy and stressful

Working at McDonald’s is what everyone would expect it to be like. Good for a first time job but staying there for a long time will drive you crazy. Customers are rude and entitled and the management micro manages. Would not recommend this job, The stress especially when understaffed is traumatic. It has a high turnover rate for a reason.

An okay work place

Work was pretty okay, not always the most nicest environment to work with. can be majorly stressful most days but the co-workers made it more enjoyable.

Productive workplace and great for those who are new to the working industry/wanting an easy part time job

It's a fast paced resturant so you learn different stations quickly. Hardest part of the job was having managers who didn't know how to run their shift smoothly which stresses everyone else. Other than that you gain skills such as team work, working with customers and interacting with other coworkers

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Being short-staffed

Good as a first job or teen job

Overall it’s ok lots of people call in sick so the managers will ask you to stay on (you can reject) pretty much paid at minimum wage but get a few cents pay rise after 6 and 12 months.

• McDonald's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?