McDonald's

McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Review

Good first job

It's a good first job for anyone, it teaches you so many lessons that will be so critical in the wider workforce. It is a fast paced environment that can be stressful but certainly so useful. It offers a variety of skills from the kitchen to front counter working the til,. I worked with many of my high school friends which made the working environment fun. Management were really nice at my restaurant cannot really speak for others. It also taught me communication skills which has been so useful.

Same role

Fast paced and young environment.

As a crew member, you will normally begin your career as a 'meat batcher' if you're a dude or serving drinks etc if you're a female. As your time progresses you will begin to have experience on 'the line', assembling the burgers. The management is ok, typically they are very young and lack the best people skills and are more stressed about their own performance than how they treat their staff.

Pros

Half priced food on breaks, free for managers.

Cons

Uniform
Same role

Understaffed

Bad management always understaffed and the managers always felt lazy and passed on work to anyone even if they're busy. It takes more than 2.5 hours to get a single break

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Very busy
Same location

I would normally be on OT for Drive-Thru and we would get a lot of different customers and sometimes it'll be really intense depending on the day. Like we would know the days it will be really busy and know the days it wont be. So i would take the orders for drive-thru and if its not busy i would go and help at the front or make the burgers. I've learnt a lot about customer service and how to deal with different customers and also how i talk to them through drive-thru. There were a lot of different cultures that i was working with and everyone was so nice and no one was judge mental or anything. The hardest part of the job will probably have to be the cleaning up part washing all the big machines and fridges when you work on a graveyard shift(Night shift). The most enjoyable part of the job will have to be getting along with everyone at work and getting free feeds when its like the nice managers.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Cleaning the big machines

• McDonald's