McDonald's

Auckland City, Auckland126 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 126 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,428 reviews

It was ok

People you work with are usually really nice but the pay isn't worth what you do. Good for a first job. Really stressful but at least i could pick when i worked.

Making do with bad management

Training given was bare minimum and was also made to feel like a burden. But once you get the hang of it, everyday is a breeze. Upper management will only come in during one of those health checks where they'll just spend more time yelling at you and making your job harder than helping out. Lower management really tries their best and are usually chill as long as you do a good job. The thing that will really make or break your experience is whether your co-workers are good or not.

It was a really toxic environment to work in

Not a place I would ever work again, it’s super toxic as managers there are so double faced. They treat everyone differently and super unprofessional.

sad and dingey

was not a good place to work. lovely team members and creepy managers. pay sucks and hours were very skeleton, giving you very little shifts so they gain more money out of cheating workers. maybe other locations, branches are great but not the one i worked for.

Pros

liked my team members

Cons

creepy managers. barely any hours to work, very little money.

Productivity and Music Fun Working Place

McDonald’s I am loving 🥰 it. Working in McDonald’s is honorary and I am proud of it since they have fast food business development plan accordingly we need help.

Pros

Free lunch to staff please

Cons

8 hours shifts is good

Good as a first job or teen job

Overall it’s ok lots of people call in sick so the managers will ask you to stay on (you can reject) pretty much paid at minimum wage but get a few cents pay rise after 6 and 12 months.

Meh

It is a really stressful job, cool colleagues can make it manageable. Busy and fast based. Crews get worked the most and managers always take the good spots, making the crew work at the most stressful location for sometimes their whole entire shift. At maccas there's always someone getting on another person's butt. Manager to crew, Boss to managers, Supervistor's to managers. Which makes it sometimes a toxic work environment when it feels like you're getting slaved away for basic pay.

Pros

Can meet cool people including managers, half price on select items?

Cons

Having to throw away perfectly fine food. Management, Busy and fast paced. Stressful

just dont

just dont work here tbh. u meet so many amazing people but gosh does it ruin your mental health. i started working at maccas the day i turned 16 (and i turn 17 this year) and ngl ive learnt a lot but i would never recommend this job to anyone because i honestly dont think there has been a week where i havent cried over rude customers.

Pros

discounted food

Cons

long hours, underpaid, stressful, rude customers

Challenging

Worked part time. They are willing to work around your schedule. Managers are generally approachable. They are willing to help you learn. They recognize and appreciative of extra effort by the employee.

Pros

Food discount. Free uniform

Fast Paced Work environment

This job is fast paced especially within peak times. Fun work environment. There’s room for growth here. They encourage development and train staff accordingly.

Pros

Discounted Meals

Great Place o work

A typical day at McDonalds involves making burgers, taking order, serving customers, bagging food, stocking up products when they run low. I learnt that the customer is always right but in regards to what the procedures and policies and rules are.Management can be challenging but most are understanding.The workplace culture is mostly work orientated but then when its quiet we talk about our own lives and are friendly with each other. The hardest part of the job is taking abuse from customers who think they are entitled to things but the most enjoyable part is making those other customers day by giving them great service.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Some Abusive customers

Productive and fast paced most of the day

my opinion on the work experience at McDonalds is not all that great, there were good days and bad days. An average day never really came while i was working due to being hired around the busy holidays and well the store was really busy almost everyday. The people are good as far as i know. Id say the hardest part of the job would've been having to rush the orders when the store got busy or when something ran out and having to run to the back and grab more of whatever was needed. Its the worse thing to have to do during a rush. Lastly the most enjoyable part for me was either break or home time just to be honest it was always so busy.

would like to be a customer service respect the customers and follow instructions

A very nice Mcdonalds, you know what you are going to get with the food, it may not be great food but it is cheap. It can be noisy and busy at times but if you get in at the right time you will get what you want.

tiring

Maccas is an okay place to work but I do not recommend. I believe the amount of money they pay is very underwhelming considering the fact that the managers do nothing but try to make themselves look busy while they slave away the crew members. did not enjoy at all.

McDonald's

While working in McDonald's I've learned how to take care of my team members and customers effectively. I have gained amazing time management skills. Also very hands on and I've learned customer service skills, how to make coffee and how to handle different situations. I enjoy the people I work with the most the atmosphere is amazing!! The hardest part about the job is getting treated with disrespect when your trying your hardest to help the customers.

Easy to adapt

McDonalds help me grow as an individual and allowed to me to come out of my comfort zone and communicate with people. Most enjoyable part is when we're busy it pushes me to get the job done and work faster.

Pros

discount on food, flexible work hours

Cons

overtime

Stressful situations yet productive

The management aren't the best when it comes to essentials, understanding other commitments which are temporarily and not allowing crew workers time off when we request months and or weeks in advance. But they do care when it comes to personally making sure you are okay, the work place culture is good where I worked they made you feel welcomed an made you want to come into work everyday. The hardest part of working of McDonald was learning to work in a high stress environment but because of this I have benefited from it.

alright

McDonalds is okay if its your first job or if you're a student that needs flexibility but its not a job you want to do in the long run, the pay is below average too.

Great co-workers

I enjoyed it as a part time job during high school. Pay was decent. Co-workers were amazing. Learnt how to work in a fast paced environment. They work around the hours given.

Fun workplace

Management was good. days can be vary sometime very busy sometime quiet but freindly staff and fun place to work. develop my management skills by working there.

Pros

staff Discounts

Cons

Short staff

busy slow work

after school: busy up until 7pm. work was slow. employees were either too chatty or not friendly at all weekends: started at opening hours (6am) and was hardly busy until 10am i learned how to socialize with people including customers and work mates. the management wasn't all that great. shift managers were always grumpy and took their anger out on staff or the male shift managers were flirty with female employees. the hardest part of the job was coming out of my shell and not being so shy the most enjoyable part of the job was making friends with other employees

Pros

discounts on food

Cons

some not so pleasant people to work with

• McDonald's