McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews in Hamilton, Waikato

Hamilton, Waikato34 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,428 reviews

Ok fun people to work with

Overall good company, global standards, but senior mgt need some work didn’t know what you would get each day. Not much of a work life balance as your phone goes off non stop

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Upper mgt

Bad pay and long hours

Pay is minimum wage, with small increases if you are a Crew trainer. hours can be 10 or so into the night. You get 50% off the favourite range and a free small soft drink. Not worth it at all.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Hours and pay

A good start but shouldn’t be permanent

I’ve been here for almost 2 years. It’s a good first job but you gotta be able to handle stress. I’m a CT/Barista & you will have to work with and serve the worst people in the entire planet. Sometimes it’s a good shift but do not stay here for the long run. Hustle & leave once you’re financially stable. BUT rostering is good. Flexible for teenagers.

Pretty productive and fun workplace, fast paced and great work culture.

This place is great to work at, fun and kind people, managers are pretty good but majority of the managers only care about drive thru time and not the mentality of its workers effected. The kitchen people rely heavily on timed products and communication but higher up managers also care about appropriate procedure which is almost impossible to accomplish when it comes to a rush of customers and the store being understaffed. I on the other hand feel heavily underpaid and over worked, i basically carry the store through out an entire shift, flexing between different stations and still managing to hold my area (kitchen) on my own. People with higher experience deserve to get paid more here due to the fact that some of the workers don’t/can’t hold their own during busy hours.

Pros

Half price foods/free food for graveyard workers

Cons

Underpaid and under appreciated work

Stressful and demanding

Work for McDonald's if you want to work for a place that just takes takes takes until their employees are completely empty. They have strict expectations which are almost impossible to meet.

Pros

Fun crew

Cons

Higher management, no recognition

Productive and Fun Place to Work

McDonald's is an amazing place to work! It provides flexibility whether you are a student, a mum, or someone who just needs extra cash. Everyone who works there come from different backgrounds and it is a great place to make life-long friends! I loved it here and would recommend it to anyone who needs work.

Its good, nothing bad with my experience

Listen to instructions and follow through. Time management is important too. The main thing is to have great communication skills and have a good personality that welcomes customers.

Great working in this company

Working in Mcdonalds helped me to learn how to deal with alot of pressure and stress at the same time. Management is great, they teach you on the job and is always considerate. Best thing about the job is when customers are happy.

Love working at mcdonalds

I love working at mcdonalds, the staff are all amazing. Its been a great job for me to start off with and give me a boost into the big world, and has given me a great experience.

Mcd

I did 6am starts and would finish at 2/3pm, I also did graving shifts from 10pm-6am. It was hard but you get use to it, the work environment made me keeping going and made me progress really really fast!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McDonald's?

Busy

This is a busy busy work place. Long hours on your feet, leaving the day with aching feet. It's a pleasure getting to work with so many different people, serving them but it's super busy and tiring.

Cons

Long hours without breaks

It was a good experience and system for a first job. Pretty flexible when it comes to times , Productive but gets tiring job when it comes to peak season..

Pros

10% discount while working

Cons

not much workers

horrible and dysfunctional

In my unpaid work experience at McDonalds, I was treated poorly by staff being exceptionally rude and impatient. I was a scapegoat for any mistakes the workers made and witnessed how terrible they kept the restaurant clean. the easiest part of the job was working the second window and the hardest part of the job was working in the line frying up the food, the only enjoyment i had was being able to have half price meals and a free drink but half the time workers didn't give me my half price meal and argued that i was wrong for being entitled one.

Pros

half price lunch

Cons

fellow workers

Great Place/ Great People

I truly enjoyed my time with Mc Donalds, They have a fantastic team, great progression for people that are wanting to move up in their company. My team at Te Rapa where some of the best people I have met and I still keep in contact to this day with my trainees.

Fast paced work

I had so much fun working at McDonald’s and I absolutely loved it! I loved seeing all the happy customers and all the happy crew members. My days always went fast when working

Pros

Working in a friendly team

Cons

Don’t havung enough hours to give my baby the best

Mcdonalds

I learned a lot from working at McDonald's as it was my first job, You need to work well under pressure as McDonald's can get busy and multi-tasking as well is a really good skill to have.

Pros

Half Price on food

Cons

Angry customers

Awesome face paced working environment.

McDonald's Center Place for me was an excellent first time job for me as i had picked up loads of knowledge and work smart's throughout my time being apart of the McDonald's Crew. I found out that there is more than what you order at McDonald's behind all the effort's that go towards achieving satisfying a customer. I picked up responsibilities and common sense to succeed in my role. Which makes me the perfect worker and learner to promote my best skills.

Pros

Half price discounted meals

Cons

Short hours on some weeks

Busy

The most fast paced place to work in but it's a great start to understanding what it's like to work but enjoyable and meet great people. You also get to have a lot of hospitality standards.

ongoing and fun

* Great customers, helping them by assisting them with their every needs. * Learning how to work with customers with problems they may have with an order etc. * The hard part would be trying to work with a customer that may have an issue with an order and may still not be satisfied with what changes may be put in place to make the customer happier. * Enjoyment with working along side with employers and defently the enjoyment of working in the customer service industry. having a huge passion for the position

Pros

Half price on every meal

Cons

suitable hours, avaliable anytime

Place to learn and have fun

A typical day would involve dealing with hundreds of people whether directly or indirectly. It is a great place to learn how to deal with an array of situations that affect the productivity of the workplace. t is a great place to work the staff is the best. Sometimes it is hard to deal with customers especially when they are yelling at you for no reason at all. But a great job in terms of skills learnt and experience received

Pros

Freebies at work.Great environment

Cons

When people don't show up for shifts you have to cover. Customers

Fun but also stressful work place

Little training but over all a good job, staff are always friendly to one another and so is management I've felt at home there since my first day working

• McDonald's
  • Hamilton, Waikato
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?