McDonald's

Manukau City, Auckland31 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,428 reviews

cool

Management was cool a little lazy at time however loved working there because of the team, easy to remember how the food gets made , sometimes more work than what min wage is.

Pros

fun team.

Cons

had to pay for meals

Busy

Teaches you how to adapt in a fast-paced working environment and they teach you how to operate/do a lot of the things there. Management was okay, they would try to solve a problem immediately when given.

Pros

discounted food

Cons

feel under appreciated

Fun workplace

Overall McDonald's is a great company to work with, preparing food for customers and enjoying seeing their smile on their faces is like giving candy to a baby.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

No free food =(

Work

I enjoyed every shift I had working for McDonald’s taught me a lot and gave me confidence that I needed the management was awesome the hardest part of my job was dealing with rude guests but at the end of the day I learned what to do next and what not to do and the most enjoyable part would be working in such a friendly environment

fun workplace

the staff were absolutely respectful, the environment was safe. customers were always happy. my job was easy. if i could work back there i would to be honest awesome work place environment

Pros

discount for lunches

Cons

shoeware

Productive and fun workplace

Each day worked in the kitchen was both physically and mentally exhausting. I learned how to work systematically to satisfy the demands of the fast-paced work environment, through serving customers with safe and delicious food efficiently. The management are strict to an extent to the work ethic of the crew members as well as the procedures needed to be followed to correctly prepare the products in which we sell. It is a very pleasant workplace as fellow workers are quite welcoming and friendly allowing for us to not only work more cooperatively, but also find the job more enjoyable and fun.This would probably be what I would say the best part of the job. The most difficult part of the job I would say though is working in the kitchen during times when there are a lot of customers as it gets very busy and demanding of the workers.

Pros

Discounted meals

Cons

somewhat dirty workplace

fun environment

a typical day at work is just serving customers without having any complaints. i learned a lot of things while working for Mcdonalds. i learnerd multitasking and patience with customers going off at you. management can de diffucult at times whereas the manager can be stressful and take it out on the crew but apart from that if maangement is great then crew is happy too. workplace culture is great when you have people that have the same energy as you with the job. 'the hardest part of the job is having unpatient customers scream at you. the most enjoyable part of the jobis making new friends who will eventually become your family.

Pros

free meals

Cons

great adjustable hours

Great Challenges

Second job in the hospitality industry and I learnt a lot more at this work place, was my first fast food restaurant that I have worked at plus the people were great as well.

Pros

1 Paid 15 min Break.

Cons

Not much breaks given

fun workplace and happy people

Working at McDonald was so fun, having fun with customers and also the crews i learn teamwork also respecting others and how to communicate with others.

Pros

free food

Cons

low hours

Fun Workplace

McDonald's is a fun, fast paced working environment. It's always challenging, and the shift rosters ensure that you can be flexible with the hours you are willing to work, provided that your manager agrees.

Work Place Culture

The work place culture was good, working with vibrant teams everyone was welcoming and there were no awkwardness when ever new crew joined. The only cons were that work was not rotated, people get put on fries for the whole shift which is unfair due to the amount of heat they have to bear. Another thing being that sometime you are to do 2 persons job for example taking orders on drive-through for both lanes aswell as cashing and charging them.

Pros

Free food, fun atmosphere

Cons

Dont rotate work

friendly environment to work

I love my job at mcdonalds just need to do fast work because its competition always with the other stores on ranking that make intersting and exciting everytime.

Fun Workplace

Working at McDonald's has been a life time experience. As a staff worker you get the full in site than what a regular customer would see. Everyday is different and you are always met with challenges you would need to overcome. I've learnt alot from working with McDonald's and these are skills that will help me in the long run with other job positions in the near future.

Pros

Employee discounts, Work Colleagues, Work Functions

Cons

Long Hours, Continuous day's, Short staffed

Flexible

Great environment and people around and hard working though we dont get acknowledged enough with the pay. Managers are very supportive. Its a good first job to have to gain basic customer service and cash handling skills.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay

Fun workplace

Fun at working with all team nd all the team was helpful.i started working with mcdonalds nd as i continued to work with them i really loved everone tge way we all treat our customers nd help our customers in all ways

Pros

Discount on meals

productive and fun

being a part of the manukau McDonalds crew has taught me some tricks in the maintenance side of work .the crew members are fun .management knows how to run the company .hardest part of the job for me was cleaning up after the show has ended

McDonalds work Experience Review

Having worked at McDonalds, I have gained a lot of knowledge around the fast food industry. I have learnt to work and communicate with different people of and have picked up new skills. Working for this company has enhanced my confidence with customer service as well commitment and dedication towards a job.

Pros

free drinks, discounted lunches

Cons

just finish your work and go to home.

I have worked there for year bt never that i have done something new. Doing Same things makes you feel bored and you just do the work with less energy and no exciteness.

Pros

free food is one of big benefit

Cons

pressure of work and mangememnt

Good

It was good place to work but it was not relevant to my studies that is why I resigned from that job. Overall it was nice place to learn how to work as a team

Mcdonalds Manukau

my typical day at work would be clocking in and immediately making sure everything is stocked up in the back area so that the workers on the floor are able to bring out customers meal fast and accurately. i learned how to prepare for the shift when it changes from one menu to another and had the opportunity of running shifts and being in charge of people on the floor as much as 19 people at one time. the hardest part of my job would sometimes be the pace at which you had to work because I worked at a fast food restaurant the demand for speed is crucial. so it was vital of me to to be fast and accurate in my line of work, also at the same time giving clear and precise orders to the crew on the floor to make sure that the shift ran smoothly without complaints. what I enjoyed most about this job was the fact that i was able to interact with people while i was working it was enjoyable to be able to communicate freely to workers and customers and try to give them the best experience they could have while being in the restaurant.

Fun experience

well working in McDonald my co-workers were fun to communicate with, they are a pleasant to be around. My co-workers would help me if id need help and support me as well as being very friendly. I've learn great customer service well working in McDonald, but i am willing to show my skills that i have learn from my last job into a much bigger environment. The hardest part of the job was having customers come back for refunds because they had a missing or more meals with them , but i would talk to my customers and help them into getting their correct orders without any arguments.

Pros

free lunches

• McDonald's