McDonald's

New Zealand59 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 59 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,428 reviews

It was okay

It gets pretty busy so you always gotta be on your feet. Having food there is a bonus. Everyone there was nice. Overall, it was okay, nothing extraordinary.

Fun workplace

A typical day at maccas pretty much is a stressful one. I've learnt to take one step at a time and not rush things. Management was a bit blah but all in all i understand the pressure they were under as well. The hardest part about the job was that no one wanted to do their tasks for eg cleaning. So they would throw the newbie under the bus to do it for them. I was thrown to stand at the drive-thru and had a panic attack because I worked 8 straight hours without a break and wasn't able to leave my work-area because it was hecka busy at the time.

Cons

very much like long hours

Experience

Fast paced. Helps with multitasking. Work is sometimes filled with drama between crew and can become ridiculous. Easy part? Learning all the stations. Hardest part? Horrible customers. Most enjoyable? Making good friends with some crew and discounted food. Some shifts go fast and others feel slow, but is very good to learn how to deal with some horrible people

would like to be a customer service respect the customers and follow instructions

A very nice Mcdonalds, you know what you are going to get with the food, it may not be great food but it is cheap. It can be noisy and busy at times but if you get in at the right time you will get what you want.

Fun workplace

Overall McDonald's is a great company to work with, preparing food for customers and enjoying seeing their smile on their faces is like giving candy to a baby.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

No free food =(

It is a good place to start your career from especially for student

Lovely working with everyone there, they were all friendly and helpful when I just started working. They treated everyone the same, it was like a second family to me.

McDonald’s

Working at McDonald’s was a great experience when I first started. I’ve learnt so many things whilst being there. It’s a great experience when you have a great team alongside you. When it gets really busy (what we always called rush hour) is when everyone is expected to work together as a team quickly, but safely so our customers don’t have to wait a long time for their orders. Overall, loved it there!

fun work place

while working there i learnt a lot about how to work as a team i also learnt how to make coffees its a great work environment and has a great support networks within the store

Not a fun place

they treat their staff poorly- and even exploitation is evident . Poor working conditions and extremely rude bosses , not the best of jobs . If you are starting out , just work elsewhere , not this restaurant

Uncomfortable and stressful workplace

Didn’t really like it, people spoke their language in front of you, managers don’t really help out as much, crew members talk about you behind your back! If you do a complaint or wanting to report someone the managers wouldn’t really do anything about it. I started working at McDonald’s when I was only 15 and because of the way they first treated me on my first day I have anxiety of how my next jobs first impression will be like. McDonald’s is an uncomfortable and stressful work place!

Pros

Half price on food under $20

Cons

Long shifts

great workplace

great work environment and also a lot of friendly faces that make the job easier high paced work which i loved because it would make the time fly by and all around good vibes.

Pros

good friendships

Worst experience

I didn’t find it to be a good place to work at all but I suppose that’s because of the boss I had. I felt like I was not valued as a staff member and I didn’t get trained on anything had to learn on my own which was stressful

Pros

Cons

Boss

Fun workplace

Fun work place. Always a diverse culture. Meet new people, make new friends. Overcome a lot of challenges, learn more about yourself. Always lovely to come across new faces and people from different back grounds.

Pros

Free meals, fun people, flexibility

Cons

Pay rate, employee treatment

Good for a first job

A typical day at work would be showing up, clocking in and then jumping onto the job you're assigned. I learned how to use a Point of Sale system, how to put down food, and dealing with issues customers have. The management at Mcdonald's could be better, I noticed that my shifts were only smooth if my managers were in a good mood. Workplace culture was great! You make new friends who know what you're feeling when you're working. The hardest part would be the rush hours because you can't fall behind as it impacts the store. The most enjoyable would be the discounted food, and great friends you make.

Pros

discounted food

Cons

discounted food if you're trying to be healthy

Wonderful place to work.

Wonderful pace to learn and know about NZ working culture. My first was fun working there. I enjoyed the support given and training provided. I learn about many things how the process occur.

very productive, always busy, high intensity

A normal day at work consists of me doing a variety. Cleaning, restocking, making the product itself and customer service. I learnt that there is a certain way to deal with customers and also upset customers. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with upset customers. However in saying that, I also enjoyed that part as it was a challenge.

Pros

Discounts on meals

Cons

Not enough hours

customer service/productive

I was really enjoy at McDonald's as my first job, I enjoy work together with other crew member as a team, I enjoy to work with customers and know their identity, also I have learned how to deal with the customers attitudes. The hardest part of the job is when the customer complain for their wrong orders

Pros

half price

Cons

stand the whole shift

Positive and enjoyable

Everyday I worked at Mc Donald's was a good one, everyone one would welcome you with a smile and it was very easy to start your shift independently. Everyone stays on top of their station.

Pros

free drink

fun work place

I really enjoyed working at MC Donald's even if it was for a short time .The people were great ,and made it a fun environment to work in .I enjoyed dealing with people and customers that came in to the takeaways.

Fun Workplace

McDonald's is a fun, fast paced working environment. It's always challenging, and the shift rosters ensure that you can be flexible with the hours you are willing to work, provided that your manager agrees.

Work Place Culture

The work place culture was good, working with vibrant teams everyone was welcoming and there were no awkwardness when ever new crew joined. The only cons were that work was not rotated, people get put on fries for the whole shift which is unfair due to the amount of heat they have to bear. Another thing being that sometime you are to do 2 persons job for example taking orders on drive-through for both lanes aswell as cashing and charging them.

Pros

Free food, fun atmosphere

Cons

Dont rotate work

• McDonald's