McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

New Zealand829 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 829 reviews matching the searchSee all 217,702 reviews

Fast paced and young environment.

As a crew member, you will normally begin your career as a 'meat batcher' if you're a dude or serving drinks etc if you're a female. As your time progresses you will begin to have experience on 'the line', assembling the burgers. The management is ok, typically they are very young and lack the best people skills and are more stressed about their own performance than how they treat their staff.

Pros

Half priced food on breaks, free for managers.

Cons

Uniform

safe and fun work place

i enjoyed work with McDonald and would like to join again if i got chance . work place was safe for staff workers and customers as well. i would suggest friends to join and enjoy the meccas cultures.

Its good, nothing bad with my experience

Listen to instructions and follow through. Time management is important too. The main thing is to have great communication skills and have a good personality that welcomes customers.

tiring

Maccas is an okay place to work but I do not recommend. I believe the amount of money they pay is very underwhelming considering the fact that the managers do nothing but try to make themselves look busy while they slave away the crew members. did not enjoy at all.

McDonald's

While working in McDonald's I've learned how to take care of my team members and customers effectively. I have gained amazing time management skills. Also very hands on and I've learned customer service skills, how to make coffee and how to handle different situations. I enjoy the people I work with the most the atmosphere is amazing!! The hardest part about the job is getting treated with disrespect when your trying your hardest to help the customers.

Fast paced environment

Builds your confidence and helps you learn customer service -helpful staff -encouraging peers -not enough shifts -inconsistent Allows you to build your people skills and learn from your mistakes

Great working in this company

Working in Mcdonalds helped me to learn how to deal with alot of pressure and stress at the same time. Management is great, they teach you on the job and is always considerate. Best thing about the job is when customers are happy.

Easy to adapt

McDonalds help me grow as an individual and allowed to me to come out of my comfort zone and communicate with people. Most enjoyable part is when we're busy it pushes me to get the job done and work faster.

Pros

discount on food, flexible work hours

Cons

overtime

Workplace culture and management

Great managers, good team to work with. Even though the job had its stressful days and it gets hectic I will miss working with the Taupo McDonalds crew

Mcdonalds

Great place for a first time job, if you want to find a fast paced work place that is always looking for people. Overall a great experience working there.

Fun workplace

Overall McDonald's is a great company to work with, preparing food for customers and enjoying seeing their smile on their faces is like giving candy to a baby.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

No free food =(

Draining

As someone who held everyone to the standards that i was given, i felt no job satisfaction. Nothing was ever really organised and the road to management had nothing to do with skill, just who liked who better.

Pros

No previous skill required

Cons

Roster was never consistent nor available on time

Only work here if you're desperate

We were constantly understaffed at both stores I worked at. The development system/program is good but they never had enough staff to train anyone. Many of the managers would bully you if you got on their bad side, making life miserable. Night shifts were hard work and you had to deal with the worst of the customers but the pay didn't compensate. The only good part of the job was the regular breaks.

Stressful situations yet productive

The management aren't the best when it comes to essentials, understanding other commitments which are temporarily and not allowing crew workers time off when we request months and or weeks in advance. But they do care when it comes to personally making sure you are okay, the work place culture is good where I worked they made you feel welcomed an made you want to come into work everyday. The hardest part of working of McDonald was learning to work in a high stress environment but because of this I have benefited from it.

Productive but sometimes poor management and poor work experience

I have been working at McDonald's for almost a year now, so far my job experience at McDonald's has been poor to average due to poor management, however from this job I have also benefited because I was able to gain more work experience and further developed new skills that I was lacking in before.

Pros

Develops Customer service skills

Cons

Poor management and sometimes non considerate management

It is a good place to start your career from especially for student

Lovely working with everyone there, they were all friendly and helpful when I just started working. They treated everyone the same, it was like a second family to me.

Maccas

I enjoyed the work environment of working at maccas and obtaining various skills within. I was able to learn what it’s like to work within a fast paced environment. It helped build confidence in me and allowed me to learn how to interact with different types of customers. The employees are always open, friendly and willing to lend a helping hand when needed

Work

I enjoyed every shift I had working for McDonald’s taught me a lot and gave me confidence that I needed the management was awesome the hardest part of my job was dealing with rude guests but at the end of the day I learned what to do next and what not to do and the most enjoyable part would be working in such a friendly environment

Productive, fast pace work place.

A typical day at McDonalds is fast paced but friendly. With loads of interaction with employees and customers as soon as the work day starts. I learned how to properly prepare burgers and interact with customers in way more constant positive view from working here. Management is amazing as the mangers are always willing to listen to you and are very kind. Everyone tries to be kind to each other at work due to the fast paced environment. Making it a very friendly, close nit kind of environment. Hardest part of the job is when we are extremely busy and encounter angry customers, because of the stress level being so high it can be difficult to deal with. The best part of the job is interacting with the coworkers and getting to know anyone. Or getting to know customers who come regularly.

I found that the work there was always constant. There was always something to do e.g. If you were done taking all available front counter orders, you could re-stock or run into the lobby and wipe down tables. There were hardly ever moments where I would feel bored or like there wasn't anything to do. The hardest part of the job would be to help new crew members to understand the 'groove' or the routine especially during a Friday or Saturday night service.

Busy and fun

working here is difficult to tell.. its always busy every time and i always take double shift. i dont get a day off because its always busy and plus my managers always wants me to work everyday because im always a fast person in serving people and preparing orders.

• McDonald's