Menzies Aviation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

There can be many perspectives while working in a aviation industry. One of them is that long hours and hard work pays off but most of all it’s mostly hard work and having time management
Pros
Experience
Cons
No set times and long hours
Menzies was a good company to work before but new people came make new rules some works work hard and some did not the starting time is different some days start 5 some days 7 and some days11 or 12 and the day off are also different some weeks one day work another day off and the next day work and work both weed end days work only for some workers so lots of workers leaving from there
Cons
Rotating rosters, lots of overtime and plenty of skills gained. Multiple airline systems, uniforms and customers. Good stepping stone for flight attending.
Lots of shift work which is expected. Lots of good people to work with which makes the work environment welcoming and enjoyable. Only down side are the management team don’t care and look after their staff.
I have enjoyed the experience in and around aircraft’s and enjoyed working with great people. I do think however the money side could be more attractive to keep good staff and equipment could be better maintained
I've got this job from one of the agencies that I registered with, so the agency did my interview before I start working on. Very busy job every day, and I learned a lot of experience, also make me fit.
Excellent opportunity to work at the airport as you get to see what happens on the tarmac. Have to be on your game as there is no rest for the wicked as flight come and go so quickly.
I enjoyed working at Menzies aviation. If i had the a chance to work back at Menzies Iwould take the offer. Such a friendly environment and would recommend it to many.
It is a fast-paced environment where teamwork is essential and you have to be physically fit as you are on your feet most of the time and you will have a rotating shift.
they need to change their management teams as they choose them by favouritism the supervisior and duty manager choose their own people to take and work more hours
Cons
Job is good. Pay is no good and management expect you to do a lot more work then what you get paid. You work hard for nothing. Did I mention the pay is no good too
Pros
No pros
Cons
Pay and you don’t progress until someone retires or leaves
A fast paced environment with a lot of different cultures and ethnic groups. No 2 day is the same. Great company to meet a lot of different people both passengers and colleagues.
Cons
Split shifts and shift work
Good company to work to get experience and learn new skills. Hours are flexible and team works are helping each other. It's hardly to see the management around and we got no support from them at most of time and lack of communication from duty manager and manger.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no support from management
Management are mostly disliked by staff. Attendance is poor, there is no motivation to exceed or excel. Average tenure of staff is 15 months. Major contributor is lack of work/life balance. Rosters are published about ten days in advance. That makes planning personal life difficult. Rostering is poorly managed but senior management say there is nothing they can do about it.
Pros
Cons
unrealistic shift start and finish times.
A very good company and the best in Northern Europe which serves many airlines with many employees , always help you to overtake yourself and who respects their employees.
In my opinion about the job, it is very interesting for me. In my first time, it is very hard for me because this is my first time doing this kind of job working as an Aircraft Cleaner. They provide a full training on the aircraft about Health and Safety, Dangerous Good and many more, and also they show me everything on the aircraft like how to ramp the aircraft and how to clean the aircraft in a good way so that the passengers travel in a clean environment. Time management is the most important thing for me in my workplace, this job is different from all other jobs, you have to be on time and you have to schedule your time in each aircraft, be on time is very important. If you cannot make your time you have to quickly call the office and let them know and they replace you for someone to cover until you turn over. This job is very funny, sometimes is flow sometimes is rush. and that is the hardest part of the job. Finally I enjoy my job as an aircraft cleaner
Pros
free coffee
Cons
suitable hours for me
6 years management was very good. Now is not good. Our own manager (Passenger Service Manager) is hopeless. She's scared of our general manager. Alot of senior staff have left because Management is unfair. If union was strong I think Menzies would be broke. Too many favouritism. Some agents don't listen to supervisors because they have there own favourite agents. Can't eat whatever in the lunch because you will get told of from the manager if the smells bother her. There is not enough support coming from the management team. Not enough praise but alot of put downs. Only thing I love about coming to work is the people.
Pros
Cons
Lomg hours, not enough rest
No matter how desperate you are, my advise is to stay away from this company.The culture in the passenger services department is very much one of how much you as an employee can do for them at the expense of your family life and sometimes even your health. The working hours are appalling , and there's hardly any compensation for doing those ridiculous hours. As an employee your are not allowed to take leave for both Christmas and New Years it's one or the other and they will NEVER approve leave for more than two weeks. Staff resign here at a rate of 1 or 2 employees per week which doesn't seem to worry the management at all. You are expected to be very Flexible especially being fostered to do split shifts but the passenger services management team won't repay your flexibility in terms of them being flexible to your reasonable request. They only provide you with the bare minimum standard contractual agreement but expect you to deliver the world for them. Absolute shocking company to work for. If you're looking for a foot into the door into this industry , then this is not the company to do so they will kill and destroy your expectations of the industry and make you regret ever entering into it.My advise is to stay away or if you want to be in this industry to rather join an airline BUT JUST NOT MENZIES AVIATION.
Pros
Non whatsoever
Cons
Non Supportive employer, It's all about how much they can push you as an employee
Starting your shift on a high Learning all the different jobs in a week Management not always there No team work Quick turns of flights short staff Friends
Pros
nothing
Cons
not enough hours
I have learnt alot but would like to go back their as the women that learnt and moved load and unload cargo & aircraft.. the greatest opportunity I ever enjoyed..
Pros
Nothings free
Cons
Long Hours
Management are not as helpful as you would think, I love the enviroment of all the colleagues but the hours are ridiculous and the rest times are unfair. You would get sick every weekbecause of the hours you work. Definitely the worst job.
  1. Employee Reviews