Merlin Entertainments
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Merlin Entertainments Employee Reviews

Always something new being done inside the park or behind the scenes for employees. I feel like the management brings positive ideas to the table often and are executed fairly well. Coworkers are fun no matter your position. Always feels like you can make some sort of common ground with anyone there and it makes being out in the heat a lot more tolerable.
Pros
Cheap lunch for employees, good overall benefits.
Cons
Goes without saying but, the heat.
I really loved working there. The higher ups were attentive to their employees. I felt special when I worked there. My only issue was burn out. They did their best in getting me in different areas of legoland and admissions.
Pros
Attentive managment, good atmosphere
Cons
Burnout
Friendly colleagues and managers and I have a great time in Merlin entertainment with a good benefits. Good managers and general managers and the team was the best part and experience
Pros
Interesting place
Cons
Far from home
Low level managers care about their staff but aren't given the authority or means to help them.
As with any entry level job in tourism your work life balance is not an issue to your managers.

Always hear that you will get progression if your 'face fits'. Jobs with better benefits and contracts get advertised but they have always cherry picked who is to get the job before interviewing anyone.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Unless you plan on rising through the ranks, or taking advantage of the apprenticeship scheme, you'll not progress. The pay is as low as they're able to get away with. The management are more focussed on guest experience than staff wellbeing.
Pros
Friendly team, excellent online benefits scheme.
Cons
Low salary, lack of wellbeing assistance, limited progression opportunity, lack of empathy for employees.
great fun and sociable environment, spent many days here making amazing friends and progressing into new positions. however lots of sly people and managers to watch out for.
Very flexible,love the people , good pay I love working in this place , love the environment and the opportunity they give you to grow in the company
Pros
Good pay
To start the pay is absolutely ridiculous being the poorest available for the rolls and the work level required
No departments talk to each other to organise jobs so its complete chaos if ever more than one has to work in and area at any time which would be simplified if management did their jobs for once

Managers are only interested in keeping their own monthly bonuses rather than any being interested in how their workers are being treated.

It is seriously only focused on one thing and that is to squeeze every last bit of money from the attractions and providing not even the barest minimum of maintenance whilst expecting workers to work for nothing with nothing and achieve higher than possible levels of work berating them if they fail
Pros
nothing of any worth
I worked for 8 months in the hotel food and beverage department at CWOA and if I'm honest as a 16-17 year old the salary was much lower than other people my age but it was decent. management was rubbish and as a student I was never allowed time off as it collided with school holidays and weekends which I understand was peak periods however I wasn't allowed time of in October when it was end of season for a family holiday? I'm 17 I don't have a choice on dates. for a company that claims to be flexible, they weren't. I was also given shifts that constantly went against my availability because I was at college and was told I had to find cover or I would get a 'no show'.
my boyfriend also worked on park the same time and he got the same treatment, even a friend of my parents whose an engineer worked there as a full time job has expressed the mistreatment and disrespect he has.

it was also such a stressful environment, shifts where always under staffed, the restaurants where poorly managed and there wasn't enough space for people to eat there when the WHERE STAYING IN THE HOTEL. Imagine how stressful it was telling guests they had to order in as there are no other restaurants in walking distance.

However it does give you a lot of experience in the working environment and is an ok first job, it's was easy to get the job and helped me advance quickly in my current job due to being much more experienced in stressful environment. As a young person the pay is ok, but if you have college 5 days a week, its not ideal as they don't consider your availability that often. benefits
 - more...
Pros
magic pass, cheap cafeteria
Cons
unreasonable managers, strict contract, unappreciated, no respect for a life
A company that supports every staff. A company that brings out the best in every individual. A place where you can consider as a home. A group of professionals you can call it a family.
I found working at Merlin entertainment a pleasant professional setting with help colleagues willing to go the extra mile to support you.
Leadership was focused fair and understanding, where clear business vision goal and ownership. I would definitely work with Merlin in the future.
Its a great company , but experience can depend on manager/department. good salary. good perks. can be fun. can be stressful. can be fun. relaxed re dress code.
Company has a priority to advance more minorities (especially women) which is good. However, non minorities and especially non women are not considered or interviewed on a regular basis even when experienced in open positions.
Absolutely love working at Merlin, the team is most professional whilst being supportive and friendly. It's an absolute fun working there.
I started in December 2015 on temporary basis, covering a Maternity Leave – my contract was being renewed several times, while I became part of the team.
I worked at Merlin Entertainments for a short period of time. The interview and induction process was thorough and staff were friendly. Due to the nature of their businesses it was a fun place to work on many occasions.
A dream to work for the company. Just so magical, friendly and fun. I wish I was still there actually. There is no other company like Merlin and you quickly realise this when you join. They need to keep a close eye on their profit driven owners to ensure the magic for the staff and visitors continues.
when working for the london eye, i was helping in many different ways with the technical service team and learnt many different skills and aspects about the london eye that i never knew.
- A typical day started with responding to e-mails, meetings with designers and management and then full focus on projects.
- I learned how to coordinate with a team of individuals with different skill sets and ideas to reach a common goal.

- My management was was very good about keeping up with ongoing projects and made decisions to provide us efficient work space.

- The hardest part of the job was learning to work with the programs and physical mediums (LEGO Elements) to achieve my tasks.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was making clients happy and delivering an end product that will continue to bring people joy even after I am no longer with the company.
I started working for merlin in winter 2018 I've moved between two complexes since then and I couldn't be happier
If in doubt trust me in saying merlin are amazing with opportunities to go where you want in your career
Underpaid for the amount of work you have to so and stress to deal with, a work-life balance is basically non-existent and then management just don’t care and are highly unorganised. We would get our rota a few days before the week would start so there was no time to swap shifts or ask for time off which they never agreed to anyway even months in advance when we were told to ask two weeks in advance ...
I wouldn't recommend this company. As a manager, I worked 7 days a week, often 12-16 hours a day. I worked almost every vacation in the several years I worked there. I saw many good managers pushed out, and many others treated so poorly they had no choice but to quit. The last 2 years the company has gone downhill from the top down. The leadership there could care less about employees, which was not my experience my first 5 years of my career. It used to be a company that cared about their employees, and did the right thing. It's a shame it's now simply just another "big" business in a small theme park.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merlin Entertainments. Our community is ready to answer.