Methanex Corporation Employee Review

View all Methanex Corporation reviews

Excellent safety standards
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  New Plymouth, N5 October 2013
Standing watch over confined space work, checking all documentation and people involved and their input and authorities are all in order before commencing work. Continually monitoring gas levels and communicating with Methanex Safety Supervisors. Stopping any unsafe work practice and taking all practicable steps to rectify.

I have learnt about plant operations, the utmost importance of document control and scrutiny as well as the fact that every one can get it wrong and everyone needs to be checked.

My co workers are an excellent bunch all more than happy to help or be helped and I have found a profound diverse range of people from all walks of life.

The hardest part of the Job is the standing around as I am normally a very physical worker and I have had to adapt. I have been studying full time as well and have struggled to get enough shifts as the vacancies require full time staff.

Learning about the petrochemical industry and the sound knowledge that they always put safety first.
Pros
experience
Cons
Not consistant with on going shifts that suit my study

Other Methanex Corporation Employee Reviews

Operations Turnaround Coordinator / Panel Operator (Current Employee) –  New Plymouth District, Taranaki12 August 2018
Company's policies and ethics allow flexibility for people of different cultures to work well with each other.
The company tries it's best to look after it's employees and believes strongly in work - Life balance.
Pros
International Opportunities
Cons
Some micro manage too much
Intense shutdown environment.
Confined Space/ Fire-Watcher (Current Employee) –  New Plymouth, New Zealand.26 April 2018
Excellent Company with a management focus on Safe Workplace - Safe Homelife.
Work and lifestyle is most important which allows a very amiable workplace.
Pros
Focus on safety
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methanex Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Methanex Corporation Reviews by Location