Metlifecare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Metlifecare Employee Reviews

New Zealand5 reviews
good job security, work culture
The food, catering, kitchen portion of the company is ill equip and dysfunctional. other than that a wonderful place to work
Pros
good hours
Cons
management won't take a firm stance on poor resident/ staff behaviour
Not paying as per type of work
Its very responsible job and government should seriously look in wages rate.Too many short hours,ie 5 hours and minimum hours per working day should be 7 hours
Pros
Free Breakfast or dinner
Cons
Minimum hours should be 7 hours
I had great staff with a passion for food and ability to multi task
Cooking for a cafe and also care facility.
I prepared and cooked foods for both/managed and trained staff/implemented procedures/rosters/health and safety requirements/menu planning etc...
Pros
enjoying my passion for creating foods and offering a excellent service
Cons
Long Hours unpaid
Good Workplace with lots of opportunities
I have learned ( and still am learning ) like First aid, Hoist training, Care Giving , and Chemical training . I have bonded with staff from all over the world. There is really anything hard for me in my job. Most enjoyable part of my job is that i get to work with elderly people.
I enjoyed working here because of my interaction with the residents and my co workers
A typical day at work: Identifies the needs or expectations of customers.Treats internal customers with the same courtesies
they would extend to external customers. Always looks to improve service. Maintains professionalism. Works to a high standard and always looks for ways to do things better.

What I have learned: To take responsibility for my own work .To be a self-starter .Seeks input if required.I recognises and acts on opportunities.

Management: Models positive behaviour . Models the desired values and culture of the Organisation . Willingly shares knowledge and expertise within the team and with others in the Organisation. Acts with honestly and integrity. Welcomes feedback and is receptive to input from others.

Co- workers: Participates as an active team member and contributes

knowledge and expertise needed to achieve the

Organisations outcomes. Develops effective working relationships with other staff in order to transfer knowledge and learning from the team to the wider organisation

The hardest part of the job: I was working weekends 12 hours night shift 3 nights one weekend and 4 nights the other weekend.

The most enjoyable part of the job: My interacting with the residents and co workers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metlifecare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6