Mexicali Fresh
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Mexicali Fresh Employee Reviews

New Zealand6 reviews
it was a good part time job to have while you are at uni or school, but working full time is a different story. the staff are super friendly and fun to work with!
Pros
50% off food, good staff, very flexible
Cons
it got super hot in summer
Good place to start first job as it is easy to pickup and will get experience with customers quickly. Although getting hours that you want and can actually do can be tough.
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
Can be hard to get preferred hours and sometimes too many staff to give hours evenly
Everyday is a different but most days at work we always get really busy from 12pm to 2pm .I have learned to work in a fast paced restaurant , to work with the till, service the customers and gained customer service skills and to service food quickly. The managers are both friendly and have taught me everything I know at work and they are very patient. The workplace culture is a bit mixed but most of my colleagues are latinas so we talk in Spanish. We all get along with each other and they are very friendly people. The hardest part of the job is the production which I don't do but have got taught what has to be done for production.The most enjoyable part is servicing customers and talking with them as you service them at times and I also enjoy doing some of the food preparations.
Pros
50% off discount for the staff on the food we sell at work
Cons
This position allowed me to learn about multitasking, manage food costs and labour.
This store is located across the beach, its really busy in summer time but not at all in winter

Events are going on, lot of different customers and staff
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long shifts
At my workplace i go through with different multi tasks like preparing food, clean the restaurant, filling Shelves, worked on till machine, customer service. I learned their how to manage time, customers, how to coordinate with the employers. The working culture of my workplace is modest and healthy and the hardest part of my job is to handle angry customers but i handle every situation calmly and peacefully.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
hours
The nature of my job as a production manager, where I am the over-all in charge for the preparation and production of food is so tiring because it requires me standing the whole course of my 6-hour shift for 4 days a week yet i didn't get the 40 hours a week job.