Middlemore Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Middlemore Hospital Management reviews

New Zealand22 reviews
Work is challenging some days however relax in the other days, no one day is the same
Everyday there is something new to learn from this working environment

management is good
culture sensitive, awareness and safety are staffs first priority with patient and their families
every job is challenging, needs critical thinking to make the job easier

when you struggle with something and ask any staff, they are willing to help you out.
Totally unacceptable environment for transcriptionists both physically and mentally. No rewards for hard work such as get together lunches. Absolutely unapproachable. You can consistently type high levels of output and sit opposite people whose work is substandard and may only be a few letters a day and they are paid the same! Love the clinical staff. Totally unappreciated and thank god for the friendly cleaners.
Pros
Cons
Hard work for nothing
Time management has been the most crucial thing I had struggled with. This was also one of my weakness. However, slowly overtime, I learnt the basics and ropes of how to work in such a complex industry (Middlemore Hospital wards).

There were alot heavy responsibilities. Most of time I had to be thinking on my feet, have a sharp eye and attention to detail around the things I had to do and deliver to patients and other staffs (Health professionals, management team, FSA staffs).
My co-workers were very supportive in furthering my understanding of the health sector. They continued to provide me with opportunities to explore different aspects of Middlemore processes, and encouraged me to take on new challenges including small projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I learnt the processes quickly and was trusted by my co-workers and manager to work independently and unsupervised for the majority of the time. There was a great balance between team-work and individual work, which suits me as an individual.
Pros
Mutual trust, Supportive co-workers and management
Cons
N/a
A normal day at middle was usually very busy and kept me active. What i had learned there was how to socialize with other people and being able to help them out. My management was good, always kept us on task. working with others had a very good turn out as i am very co-operative. There were a few situations which required more attention, but with my fast thinking and my ability to makeshift in any situation, whatever the problem was it had a positive outcome. I enjoyed meeting and helping out new people, being able to know they could come to me if they were ever lost or had any problems felt good.
Pros
Free Lunches