Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment Employee Reviews

Nice and fun work place, good salary for the job I performed. Good management and opportunities to improve your existing skills and gain new ones in different departments.
Pros
Good supportive engagement
Cons
Time restriction (brakes, lunchtime, etc.)
One of the best NZ Ministry's to work at. Busy and at the forefront of NZ Government thinking.

They cover the most diverse set of work-streams of any Ministry and have plenty of scope to keeping you very busy and occupied.
I worked for MBIE for 5 years and loved it. Worked with great people who were friendly and always there for a helping hand. The work was challenging and exciting. Would recommend.
One of the best organisation in New Zealand one can imagine to work for.
Excellent coaching and trainning procedures are implemented at MBIE, Mbie strongly supports Diverse ethnic backgrounds and celebrates success of their staff.
Very busy and it's hard to catch up. It's hard to understand the goals and organisation objectives.

Set up too many priories at one time and too many projects and not follow through.

it's not a friend and family workplace culture.

I enjoyed my work and the tasks that I perform every day.
Cons
I loved my time at MBIE. They gave plenty of opportunities to grow and develop. They would give feedback and always there to support me. Management were amazing as they were very flexible and gave time off when needed. Great work life/home life balance. Would definitely recommend working here.
All my managers were great. I loved being a part of MBIE.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the job satisfaction that you contribute to the governance
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Low pay
이민법에 대해 많은 이해도가 필요하고 고급/전문 영어를 사용해야합니다. 수천자가 되는 비자리포트 작성을 해야합니다.
Data input and update each clients personal details. Added new companies to the register and help them to set up companies online. Take inbound calls to assist with online application. I have learned to be more quick and efficient. The hardest part was the amount of calls that were waiting. I worked with a good team which were full of support and had great ideas to help make the job stress free.
Pros
Good hours and good pay
Cons
in patient clients
MBIE is the best work place..😊😊
It has a proper work timings.

Salary is always on time.

Well organised and amazing people around to work with.

We get opportunities for different projects.
Pros
Work timings are the best and salary is always on time
Cons
No cons
Working for MBIE was the best choice I could have ever made. They provide you with support and development opportunities and are committed to seeing you succeed. The organisations culture is collaborative and the skillset held within the industry is incredibly varied.
My role was to answer phone calls and answer emails to support electrical workers renewing their licences.

How to adapt to a new environment quickly, pick up new systems on the spot and to be able to listen and advise a range of different people via verbal and non verbal systems.

I had a team leader who was very supportive and senior members who were always willing to bounce information through.

The work place culture has enabled me to leave with life long friendships after a very short time. Great people to work with.

Hardest part was learning new I formation on the spot and being able to deliver this to clients.

Best part was the people.
Pros
Dress up days
Cons
Temp role
It was a good environment to work in while on a working holdiay visa in New Zealand. My opportunities were limited as I was not a permanent resident. Friendly colleagues and good training were provided for the position I held.
Pros
Good colleagues, good facilities, central location
Cons
Limited prospects for temp. workers
Great government organization. Extremely flexible schedule. At the end responsibility comes with accountability for everyone.Fruits and veggies are free.
Pros
Free hot drinks, free fruits and veggies and extremely flexible schedule
Cons
They treat people with too much respect :).
The clients was handicapped, they needed A lot of care & what ever care they needed I gave that to them , love & understand, trustworthy I took care of them for 2 yrs but
Sadly the company got shut down is why I left there .
Pros
Loved the clients
Cons
No benefits not enough pay
Interesting and always engaged. working under pressure but calm.
Schedule is achieved.

Analysis of non conformances and corrective action.

Audits as scheduled and follow up for audit finds.
Cons
A wonder way to learn a lot about the world and how people operate in different cultures. Interesting to see how there are so many ways to find solutions to any situation when people work together.
As an employer, primarily concerned with "correct Processes" instead of helping clients/customers or caring for employees. No consideration paid to effort, skill, or knowledge. Fellow employees were awesome, and employee culture is amazing. Hardest part of the job is inability to help clients due to the extreme disconnection between MBIE offices and bureaucracy. The benefits were pretty good though.
Learn something new everyday
Co workers were always supportive and pratical

Management made this department a fun environment to learn in and provided many upskilling courses for team members
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Merged with 3 other government departments
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Our community is ready to answer.