Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

New Zealand39 reviews
flexable hours, support of teachers and they will always make you feel comfortable. The children that I worked with were very respectful as I was a ble to relate in a way.
Pros
shared lunches work close with other teachers
Cons
less hours
Lovely working in New Zealand. Recently returned to Canada hence job change.

Great working in the government and hopefully will be able to find something similar here in Vancouver.
Excellent place to work. So much support from staff and management. Learned new skills in the role which will stand to me in the future. Great team environment.
Opportunities to work in schools and communities was an eye opener working alongside other stake holders.
Grassroots experiences enables me to bring ideas and thinking to the table that support and push for transparency better understanding for the sector in cultural and diversity learning styles, resources and pedagogy.

It has been an
To work for bad people is absolutely sole destroying. The construction section is run by bad people in Wellington. They play political games and have no ethics.
The day starts with a devotion. I learnt that the way forward lies in working together with colleges,families, management and community shakeholders.our job will be enjoyable when we are prepared with our plans beforehand and everything will be done on time.
Backpacker friendly, corporate office. Great communications and people. It was a shame that I had to leave!

Worked on a temporary placement via a Recruitment agency, 9 months.
There was great management and support. Working with Psychologists, social workers helping children and whanau with education. Very culturally aware and always will to participate
It was a frontline demanding job, I have learnt to be patient with the service I provide. The staff and management were good. The workplace was very large and was a mixture of staff working for Special needs education and Ministry of Education staff.

It was a very pressurizing job at the frontline but I really enjoyed meeting new people and helping them.
Pros
Learnt a lot about the education system
Cons
Very pressurizing
Awesome fun place to work and gain experience in. Only a casual job so it is a good job to have whilst studying or working at another job. Working with young children from the age of 5 can be very uplifting and rewarding if you have a passion for teaching young kids and helping with their learning abilities.
Pros
Helping children learn
Cons
Not enough hours to earn a sustainable living.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of Education?
I have group class's and individual class's some students are there for fun and some for grading and help in jazz band or orchestra. I learn a lot from my students, they teach me how to be better by teaching me different ways of teaching so I can help them understand. The work place is great and so is management.
I love what I do and to teach what I enjoy doing there is nothing

better then that.
The job was fine, although during school breaks the work dipped and you were often given dull and tedious tasks to fill the time or asked to take leave.
Pros
Friendly office
Cons
Temps treated like temps
Great role that serves the community but management leaves a lot to be desired.
Shifted to hot desking which was a disaster. Management never follow through with recommendations for improvements,
Pros
Postive work
Cons
A great place to work. Immersed in the 'behind the scenes' of education the staff work tirelessly to ensure that best practice, guidelines and the interests of the children in education are at the forefront of their agendas.
Pros
Seeing education from a whole other level
Cons
The loss of great staff due to contracting and lack of money to continue to pay to keep good, hardworking and dedicated staff on
Not a bad thing to say here! Everything from working, to the people who were there, not a problem nor an issue arose! Was fun, enjoyable and independant.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Traffic in the morning!
Good place to work, nice environment, management Good, fun people, easy to get information when needed, secure safe environment good fun people .......
Loved this job as it was one of my first NZ jobs.
The school, staff and management teams were friendly and professional.

The children were fantastic friendly and were keen to learn.

The ESOL lessons were fun and levels grew quickly and time went to quickly too.

This is a fantastic school to send your children too.

Everyone was included and the end of year Barbeque the Best.

Catholic Ethos kind and friendly great place to learn welcoming to all.
This was my first experience in with working with older children, previously worked with early years and
primary.

This was also my first experience of Academy School the children got to pick areas which they had strengths and interest. Made good learning choices.

On going professional development. Ever evolving to meet the needs of staff and pupils within the school. Great support from colleagues and senior management alike.
I was a contractor training Universaties and Polytechs on managing the student loans and allowances. I travelled from Invercargill to Whangarei. I learned that some people were hard to train, so I developed other learning styles. I do not want to mention the two Universities that were difficult to deal with. Sometimes it was hard out in the field
The people at the Ministry were fabulous and supportive. I loved what I was doing amnd knew I could make a difference
Pros
Good suport
Cons
i thoroughly enjoyed this workplace because I got to work with year 4-6's during my two and a half years of teaching there. It was a fantastic experience that I will treasure
Pros
Children's progression
Cons
A library is a great place to work. You have the repetitive jobs to do as well as adding a bit of your own personality. Because this job is basically a government department you usually get pay increases yearly.