Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ministry of Education Employee Review

Productive learning environment

22 May 2017
i thoroughly enjoyed this workplace because I got to work with year 4-6's during my two and a half years of teaching there. It was a fantastic experience that I will treasure
Pros
Children's progression
Cons
1 June 2018
Same role
TEACHER DRUM SET (Former Employee) - Hawkes bay New Zealand
I have group class's and individual class's some students are there for fun and some for grading and help in jazz band or orchestra. I learn a lot from my students, they teach me how to be better by teaching me different ways of teaching so I can help them understand. The work place is great and so is management.
I love what I do and to teach what I enjoy doing there is nothing

better then that.
15 February 2017
Same role
Scale A Teacher (Former Employee) - Morrinsville, Waikato
A typical day at work in the classroom would usually start by welcoming the students and following the daily programme of Literacy and Mathematics in the morning followed by Inquiry/Topic Studies/Art or P.E. in the afternoon. I have learned to be organized with planning and to record daily reflections. I have also learned to try a variety of resources to engage the students was ongoing. The management of students was a learning curve. The intermediate age group can be interesting and challenging. Understanding the developing adolescent and their family background was most helpful for class management and addressing the dynamics of the students in classroom. The senior management and principal were helpful and supportive when needed for any concerns with students and parents. The hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with the large class sizes, the wide range of abilities of the students and limited resources or teacher aide assistants. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing fun moments wiith my students and celebrating their learning successes and achievements.
Pros
lots of school events throughout the year
Cons
lots of meetings
13 April 2017
Same location
Librarian (Current Employee) - Manukau City, Auckland
A library is a great place to work. You have the repetitive jobs to do as well as adding a bit of your own personality. Because this job is basically a government department you usually get pay increases yearly.