Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews

flexable hours, support of teachers and they will always make you feel comfortable. The children that I worked with were very respectful as I was a ble to relate in a way.
Pros
shared lunches work close with other teachers
Cons
less hours
Lovely working in New Zealand. Recently returned to Canada hence job change.

Great working in the government and hopefully will be able to find something similar here in Vancouver.
Excellent place to work. So much support from staff and management. Learned new skills in the role which will stand to me in the future. Great team environment.
Opportunities to work in schools and communities was an eye opener working alongside other stake holders.
Grassroots experiences enables me to bring ideas and thinking to the table that support and push for transparency better understanding for the sector in cultural and diversity learning styles, resources and pedagogy.

It has been an
To work for bad people is absolutely sole destroying. The construction section is run by bad people in Wellington. They play political games and have no ethics.
I love teaching students in school but I am bored when it comes to heaps and heaps of paper work. I have an interest in driving and would like to pursue it as a career.
The day starts with a devotion. I learnt that the way forward lies in working together with colleges,families, management and community shakeholders.our job will be enjoyable when we are prepared with our plans beforehand and everything will be done on time.
recruitment of school teachers, head teachers, principal and campus directors and non teaching positions
it was very interesting working with such a large sector in the Fijian civil service

learnt a lot especially in a demanding workplace like education
Backpacker friendly, corporate office. Great communications and people. It was a shame that I had to leave!

Worked on a temporary placement via a Recruitment agency, 9 months.
There was great management and support. Working with Psychologists, social workers helping children and whanau with education. Very culturally aware and always will to participate
It was a frontline demanding job, I have learnt to be patient with the service I provide. The staff and management were good. The workplace was very large and was a mixture of staff working for Special needs education and Ministry of Education staff.

It was a very pressurizing job at the frontline but I really enjoyed meeting new people and helping them.
Pros
Learnt a lot about the education system
Cons
Very pressurizing
- Staff meetings every Monday..
- learned time management, meeting procedures, overall knowledge of business operations.

- respecting others culture.
Pros
Limited micro management
Cons
Awesome fun place to work and gain experience in. Only a casual job so it is a good job to have whilst studying or working at another job. Working with young children from the age of 5 can be very uplifting and rewarding if you have a passion for teaching young kids and helping with their learning abilities.
Pros
Helping children learn
Cons
Not enough hours to earn a sustainable living.
I have to follow students when they are using the computer lab. In this job i learn many things about new technologies. It is very nice to work at school, with a good management. Sometime we do have problems with the students. But we tackle the matter with delicacy. The job is not hard, but during exams period we must be updated. It is fun to work in school because I have a lot of free time.
Pros
Many Holydays
Cons
Have to work on Saturdays
day at work is exciting with kids
day by day we learned new things from kids for eg there behavior their way of talking etc.

management workplace always need to be professional

workplace culture is multiracial which is good

there is no hardest part and the enjoyable part of the job is that day to day we interact with our small angels
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
I learnt to strive through my self determination and extreme agility to face problems with adequate reasoning's. Creating solution to child's learning environment was my core responsibility, the hardest part of the job.
I have group class's and individual class's some students are there for fun and some for grading and help in jazz band or orchestra. I learn a lot from my students, they teach me how to be better by teaching me different ways of teaching so I can help them understand. The work place is great and so is management.
I love what I do and to teach what I enjoy doing there is nothing

better then that.
The job was fine, although during school breaks the work dipped and you were often given dull and tedious tasks to fill the time or asked to take leave.
Pros
Friendly office
Cons
Temps treated like temps
Great role that serves the community but management leaves a lot to be desired.
Shifted to hot desking which was a disaster. Management never follow through with recommendations for improvements,
Pros
Postive work
Cons
A great place to work. Immersed in the 'behind the scenes' of education the staff work tirelessly to ensure that best practice, guidelines and the interests of the children in education are at the forefront of their agendas.
Pros
Seeing education from a whole other level
Cons
The loss of great staff due to contracting and lack of money to continue to pay to keep good, hardworking and dedicated staff on
Not a bad thing to say here! Everything from working, to the people who were there, not a problem nor an issue arose! Was fun, enjoyable and independant.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Traffic in the morning!