Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland6 reviews
It was a frontline demanding job, I have learnt to be patient with the service I provide. The staff and management were good. The workplace was very large and was a mixture of staff working for Special needs education and Ministry of Education staff.

It was a very pressurizing job at the frontline but I really enjoyed meeting new people and helping them.
Pros
Learnt a lot about the education system
Cons
Very pressurizing
Awesome fun place to work and gain experience in. Only a casual job so it is a good job to have whilst studying or working at another job. Working with young children from the age of 5 can be very uplifting and rewarding if you have a passion for teaching young kids and helping with their learning abilities.
Pros
Helping children learn
Cons
Not enough hours to earn a sustainable living.
Good place to work, nice environment, management Good, fun people, easy to get information when needed, secure safe environment good fun people .......
As a reliever I enjoyed a lot working with the kids. When the management and the co workers are co-operating that day is very enjoyable. As I am working with different schools in Auckland region different experience with the teachers and the kids that I am working. It is a great experience.
as above, and

Rewarding field work with Parents and families and children, students, schools-teachers, TA's and Principals, Pre-schools and ESW's and staff.

Great collegial support and time to discuss cases with colleagues and managers

Very good admin support- car use for field work, printing, computers and own work space-some support with typing and making resources, but not enough. Safe workplace.

Poor use of updated technology for in-field work. need to return to office to do 'paperwork' when it would be more economical to do this on a laptop 'on the road'.

Medium success by managers who have to manage many different fields of work for which they are untrained. Applying same tenants to all field staff

Poorly organised electronic recording of work system

It is time - consuming and prevents more field work.
Many great ideas in theory, but many schools lacking the support or tools to be able to implement these ideas. Often imposed very unrealistic expectations for teachers with very little support.