Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ministry of Education Employee Reviews in Wellington City, Wellington

Wellington City, Wellington9 reviews
Lovely working in New Zealand. Recently returned to Canada hence job change. Great working in the government and hopefully will be able to find something similar here in Vancouver.
Excellent place to work. So much support from staff and management. Learned new skills in the role which will stand to me in the future. Great team environment.
Opportunities to work in schools and communities was an eye opener working alongside other stake holders. Grassroots experiences enables me to bring ideas and thinking to the table that support and push for transparency better understanding for the sector in cultural and diversity learning styles, resources and pedagogy. It has been an
Backpacker friendly, corporate office. Great communications and people. It was a shame that I had to leave! Worked on a temporary placement via a Recruitment agency, 9 months.
The job was fine, although during school breaks the work dipped and you were often given dull and tedious tasks to fill the time or asked to take leave.
Pros
Friendly office
Cons
Temps treated like temps
I was a contractor training Universaties and Polytechs on managing the student loans and allowances. I travelled from Invercargill to Whangarei. I learned that some people were hard to train, so I developed other learning styles. I do not want to mention the two Universities that were difficult to deal with. Sometimes it was hard out in the field The people at the Ministry were fabulous and supportive. I loved what I was doing amnd knew I could make a difference
Pros
Good suport
Cons
I worked in IRD Wellington Upper Hutt branch as a Data Entry Operator for 2 years. I enjoyed my work there.That was my first job. I made good friends whom I still keep in touch. The working environment was alright. I was only a temp at that time so we didnt have the benefits as a full-time worker.
Enjoyed my time working here, got on well with both management and colleagues. Variety of work was a plus, and learning all about Property Management which was a new area for me. The hardest part of the job was leaving when my contract ended and the most enjoyable part of the job was making a life time friend.
Pros
meeting new people, treated well on special occasions
Cons
N/a
A typical day was busy but enjoyable. I learned filing and organization skills, time management and people skills. Management was approachable and hardworking. My co-workers were friendly with a good work ethic. The hardest part of the job was carrying the boxes full of files. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a friendly environment and the satisfaction of completing the job.