Ministry of Education Employee Reviews for Teacher

Productive learning environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland22 May 2017
i thoroughly enjoyed this workplace because I got to work with year 4-6's during my two and a half years of teaching there. It was a fantastic experience that I will treasure
Pros
Children's progression
Scale A Teacher (Former Employee) –  Morrinsville, Waikato15 February 2017
A typical day at work in the classroom would usually start by welcoming the students and following the daily programme of Literacy and Mathematics in the morning followed by Inquiry/Topic Studies/Art or P.E. in the afternoon. I have learned to be organized with planning and to record daily reflections. I have also learned to try a variety of resources to engage the students was ongoing. The management of students was a learning curve. The intermediate age group can be interesting and challenging. Understanding the developing adolescent and their family background was most helpful for class management and addressing the dynamics of the students in classroom. The senior management and principal were helpful and supportive when needed for any concerns with students and parents. The hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with the large class sizes, the wide range of abilities of the students and limited resources or teacher aide assistants. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing fun moments wiith my students and celebrating their learning successes and achievements.
Pros
lots of school events throughout the year
Cons
lots of meetings
Teaching brings daily changes and challenges.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty15 November 2016
I have found building relationships the greatest reward in teaching. I enjoy working with colleagues and students. Each day brings at least one new challenge which keeps you alert.
Pros
Building relationships
Cons
Negative relationships
Excellent work environment, opportunities to advance in career.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Te Kauwhata College16 February 2014
Teaching Technology since 1987 both in RSA and NZ was really satisfying. It is always developing and challenging as new designs, material equipment etc. comes around.
I have set up and started Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Building and Construction at three High Schools in my career. To see that fully operational was really satisfying.

I am currently qualifying as an ordained minister through Trinity College and are considering a transition from the practical to the pastoral.
Pros
Professional development
Cons
Teaching in workshops for 28 years became physical demanding.