Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ministry of Education Culture reviews

Excellent place to work. So much support from staff and management. Learned new skills in the role which will stand to me in the future. Great team environment.
Great role that serves the community but management leaves a lot to be desired.Shifted to hot desking which was a disaster. Management never follow through with recommendations for improvements,
Pros
Postive work
Cons
I have found building relationships the greatest reward in teaching. I enjoy working with colleagues and students. Each day brings at least one new challenge which keeps you alert.
Pros
Building relationships
Cons
Negative relationships
The Ministry is undertaking ongoing change but for the time I was in the local team I found colleagues to be hard working, dedicated educators who want to make a difference. Policy adherence is paramount.
Pros
Great office environment, awesome team leader
Cons
More Māori required
Enjoyed my time working here, got on well with both management and colleagues. Variety of work was a plus, and learning all about Property Management which was a new area for me. The hardest part of the job was leaving when my contract ended and the most enjoyable part of the job was making a life time friend.
Pros
meeting new people, treated well on special occasions
Cons
N/a
Many great ideas in theory, but many schools lacking the support or tools to be able to implement these ideas. Often imposed very unrealistic expectations for teachers with very little support.
I learned a lot from working there, i learned childcare skills, communication skills, i got to meet new people. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the young kids happy and having fun. I don't believe there was anything hard with this job. My co-workers were amazing to work with, always supportive and knew how to have a good laugh.
Pros
Great co-workers, good work environment, overall a fun job
A typical day was busy but enjoyable. I learned filing and organization skills, time management and people skills. Management was approachable and hardworking. My co-workers were friendly with a good work ethic. The hardest part of the job was carrying the boxes full of files. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a friendly environment and the satisfaction of completing the job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ministry of Education?