Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ministry of Education Job Security & Advancement reviews

Backpacker friendly, corporate office. Great communications and people. It was a shame that I had to leave! Worked on a temporary placement via a Recruitment agency, 9 months.
Awesome fun place to work and gain experience in. Only a casual job so it is a good job to have whilst studying or working at another job. Working with young children from the age of 5 can be very uplifting and rewarding if you have a passion for teaching young kids and helping with their learning abilities.
Pros
Helping children learn
Cons
Not enough hours to earn a sustainable living.
The job was fine, although during school breaks the work dipped and you were often given dull and tedious tasks to fill the time or asked to take leave.
Pros
Friendly office
Cons
Temps treated like temps
i thoroughly enjoyed this workplace because I got to work with year 4-6's during my two and a half years of teaching there. It was a fantastic experience that I will treasure
Pros
Children's progression
Cons
I worked in IRD Wellington Upper Hutt branch as a Data Entry Operator for 2 years. I enjoyed my work there.That was my first job. I made good friends whom I still keep in touch. The working environment was alright. I was only a temp at that time so we didnt have the benefits as a full-time worker.
Enjoyed my time working here, got on well with both management and colleagues. Variety of work was a plus, and learning all about Property Management which was a new area for me. The hardest part of the job was leaving when my contract ended and the most enjoyable part of the job was making a life time friend.
Pros
meeting new people, treated well on special occasions
Cons
N/a
Teaching Technology since 1987 both in RSA and NZ was really satisfying. It is always developing and challenging as new designs, material equipment etc. comes around. I have set up and started Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Building and Construction at three High Schools in my career. To see that fully operational was really satisfying. I am currently qualifying as an ordained minister through Trinity College and are considering a transition from the practical to the pastoral.
Pros
Professional development
Cons
Teaching in workshops for 28 years became physical demanding.