Ministry of Education Management reviews

Educational
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland18 June 2019
There was great management and support. Working with Psychologists, social workers helping children and whanau with education. Very culturally aware and always will to participate
Very demanding
Receptionist/Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland27 April 2019
It was a frontline demanding job, I have learnt to be patient with the service I provide. The staff and management were good. The workplace was very large and was a mixture of staff working for Special needs education and Ministry of Education staff.

It was a very pressurizing job at the frontline but I really enjoyed meeting new people and helping them.
Pros
Learnt a lot about the education system
Cons
Very pressurizing
I love teaching what I enjoy doing playing the drums
TEACHER DRUM SET (Former Employee) –  Hawkes bay New Zealand1 June 2018
I have group class's and individual class's some students are there for fun and some for grading and help in jazz band or orchestra. I learn a lot from my students, they teach me how to be better by teaching me different ways of teaching so I can help them understand. The work place is great and so is management.
I love what I do and to teach what I enjoy doing there is nothing
better then that.
Flawed management
Property Advisor (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury21 March 2018
Great role that serves the community but management leaves a lot to be desired.
Shifted to hot desking which was a disaster. Management never follow through with recommendations for improvements,
Pros
Postive work
Nice enviroment
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland18 January 2018
Good place to work, nice environment, management Good, fun people, easy to get information when needed, secure safe environment good fun people .......
Great School good place to work.
ESOL Educator (Former Employee) –  Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty12 September 2017
Loved this job as it was one of my first NZ jobs.
The school, staff and management teams were friendly and professional.

The children were fantastic friendly and were keen to learn.

The ESOL lessons were fun and levels grew quickly and time went to quickly too.

This is a fantastic school to send your children too.

Everyone was included and the end of year Barbeque the Best.

Catholic Ethos kind and friendly great place to learn welcoming to all.
My first experience at working with an intermediate school a real NZ experience
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty12 September 2017
This was my first experience in with working with older children, previously worked with early years and
primary.

This was also my first experience of Academy School the children got to pick areas which they had strengths and interest. Made good learning choices.

On going professional development. Ever evolving to meet the needs of staff and pupils within the school. Great support from colleagues and senior management alike.
Scale A Teacher (Former Employee) –  Morrinsville, Waikato15 February 2017
A typical day at work in the classroom would usually start by welcoming the students and following the daily programme of Literacy and Mathematics in the morning followed by Inquiry/Topic Studies/Art or P.E. in the afternoon. I have learned to be organized with planning and to record daily reflections. I have also learned to try a variety of resources to engage the students was ongoing. The management of students was a learning curve. The intermediate age group can be interesting and challenging. Understanding the developing adolescent and their family background was most helpful for class management and addressing the dynamics of the students in classroom. The senior management and principal were helpful and supportive when needed for any concerns with students and parents. The hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with the large class sizes, the wide range of abilities of the students and limited resources or teacher aide assistants. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing fun moments wiith my students and celebrating their learning successes and achievements.
Pros
lots of school events throughout the year
Cons
lots of meetings
Property Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington2 March 2015
Enjoyed my time working here, got on well with both management and colleagues. Variety of work was a plus, and learning all about Property Management which was a new area for me. The hardest part of the job was leaving when my contract ended and the most enjoyable part of the job was making a life time friend.
Pros
meeting new people, treated well on special occasions
Cons
N/a
very interactive and funny working with the kids
Relief School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Auckland region9 December 2014
As a reliever I enjoyed a lot working with the kids. When the management and the co workers are co-operating that day is very enjoyable. As I am working with different schools in Auckland region different experience with the teachers and the kids that I am working. It is a great experience.
Friendly and productive
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellington3 August 2013
A typical day was busy but enjoyable.
I learned filing and organization skills, time management and people skills.
Management was approachable and hardworking.
My co-workers were friendly with a good work ethic.
The hardest part of the job was carrying the boxes full of files.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a friendly environment and the satisfaction of completing the job.