Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ministry of Education Employee Review

There is more to it then Joe Public may think

29 January 2018
A great place to work. Immersed in the 'behind the scenes' of education the staff work tirelessly to ensure that best practice, guidelines and the interests of the children in education are at the forefront of their agendas.
Pros
Seeing education from a whole other level
Cons
The loss of great staff due to contracting and lack of money to continue to pay to keep good, hardworking and dedicated staff on
21 June 2015
Same role
Senior Adviser (Former Employee) - Whangarei, N
The Ministry is undertaking ongoing change but for the time I was in the local team I found colleagues to be hard working, dedicated educators who want to make a difference. Policy adherence is paramount.
Pros
Great office environment, awesome team leader
Cons
More Māori required
12 September 2017
Same location
Support Assistant (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
This was my first experience in with working with older children, previously worked with early years and
primary.

This was also my first experience of Academy School the children got to pick areas which they had strengths and interest. Made good learning choices.

On going professional development. Ever evolving to meet the needs of staff and pupils within the school. Great support from colleagues and senior management alike.
15 November 2016
Same location
Teacher (Current Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
I have found building relationships the greatest reward in teaching. I enjoy working with colleagues and students. Each day brings at least one new challenge which keeps you alert.
Pros
Building relationships
Cons
Negative relationships