Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ministry of Education Employee Review

Fun workplace working with children and teacher aids

15 December 2018
Awesome fun place to work and gain experience in. Only a casual job so it is a good job to have whilst studying or working at another job. Working with young children from the age of 5 can be very uplifting and rewarding if you have a passion for teaching young kids and helping with their learning abilities.
Pros
Helping children learn
Cons
Not enough hours to earn a sustainable living.
24 October 2013
Same role
After School Care (Current Employee) - Te Kuiti, N
I learned a lot from working there, i learned childcare skills, communication skills, i got to meet new people. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the young kids happy and having fun. I don't believe there was anything hard with this job. My co-workers were amazing to work with, always supportive and knew how to have a good laugh.
Pros
Great co-workers, good work environment, overall a fun job
27 April 2019
Same location
Receptionist/Support Officer (Former Employee) - Auckland
It was a frontline demanding job, I have learnt to be patient with the service I provide. The staff and management were good. The workplace was very large and was a mixture of staff working for Special needs education and Ministry of Education staff.

It was a very pressurizing job at the frontline but I really enjoyed meeting new people and helping them.
Pros
Learnt a lot about the education system
Cons
Very pressurizing
18 January 2018
Same location
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Good place to work, nice environment, management Good, fun people, easy to get information when needed, secure safe environment good fun people .......