Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ministry of Education Employee Review

My first experience at working with an intermediate school a real NZ experience

12 September 2017
This was my first experience in with working with older children, previously worked with early years and
primary.

This was also my first experience of Academy School the children got to pick areas which they had strengths and interest. Made good learning choices.

On going professional development. Ever evolving to meet the needs of staff and pupils within the school. Great support from colleagues and senior management alike.
29 January 2018
Same location
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
A great place to work. Immersed in the 'behind the scenes' of education the staff work tirelessly to ensure that best practice, guidelines and the interests of the children in education are at the forefront of their agendas.
Pros
Seeing education from a whole other level
Cons
The loss of great staff due to contracting and lack of money to continue to pay to keep good, hardworking and dedicated staff on
15 November 2016
Same location
Teacher (Current Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
I have found building relationships the greatest reward in teaching. I enjoy working with colleagues and students. Each day brings at least one new challenge which keeps you alert.
Pros
Building relationships
Cons
Negative relationships
17 June 2020
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
flexable hours, support of teachers and they will always make you feel comfortable. The children that I worked with were very respectful as I was a ble to relate in a way.
Pros
shared lunches work close with other teachers
Cons
less hours