Ministry of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ministry of Education Employee Review

great place to work

18 November 2015
working with many different children with dual diagnosis planning reviewing implementing programmes contributing towards IEP. lots of ongoing professional development
23 September 2014
Same role
Education Support Worker (Former Employee) - Hamilton, N
Every morning I wake up and is always happy to be going to work because I know I will enjoy it. Some days were great and other days can be real tough. During my time working as an ESW, I learned so much about different children and their disabilities. Each child learns different and so I had to learn how to communicate with them in order for me to understand what they are in need of. Getting tpo work was a bit of a struggle as everyone needs to go to work but we did manage to sort out rides afterwards. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the little educator when he was upset as they couldn't really speak properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was just having fun with the child and helping them join in with his/her class activities. I really enjoyed working eith kids and helping them become familiar with their environment.
Pros
Playing along side the children, enjoying myself
Cons
Far away from where I stay.
17 June 2020
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
flexable hours, support of teachers and they will always make you feel comfortable. The children that I worked with were very respectful as I was a ble to relate in a way.
Pros
shared lunches work close with other teachers
Cons
less hours
25 May 2020
Policy Advisor (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
Lovely working in New Zealand. Recently returned to Canada hence job change.

Great working in the government and hopefully will be able to find something similar here in Vancouver.