MITRE 10

MITRE 10 Employee Reviews

New Zealand85 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good work place

It can be really confusing to start with you can really get lost. But it is really a good place to learn and grow I highly recommend this role for teenagers and if your in your 20s wanting a job this is the place to be!!

Productive and Fun working

Part-time 16 hours a week Work under pressure Nice colleagues Minimum Wage Long hours Nice environment and friendly Time flexibility Good experience

Lovely team to work with

I have been working for Mitre 10 for almost 6months and boy have I seen the good and bad side.I always looked forward to going into work when I first started tbh. Later on in the track I started realising we were never acknowledged by our managers and head office. There was no communication between all managers so us team members were always being told to do this and then why did you do that when you should’ve done it like this. No support from the management team and we hardly ever see our Retail managers on the floor.We get told in our huddles “customers come first, greet them conversate with them etc”, Hypocrites honestly! They are the worse. You see managers ignoring customers, or just yea never on the shop floor.I wouldn’t recommend working for Mitre 10.We get paid way less than the amount of work we do.

Fun workplace

I have work here for a year now, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The management are always willing to answer any questions I had. I would strongly recommend working here.

Pros

good pay

Great place to work.

This is Mitre10 NZ. A privately owned store under the umbrella of NZ wide Mitre10. The owners are fantastic and gave me all the opertunities to work in various departments within the store. Starting from managing the paint section to designing modular kitchens. When the new Mega store opened I moved to Inventory ( importing all the stock for the store) and inwards goods. In the last 3 years , was part of the kitchen plumbing and bathroom team.

Stressful and mentally draining

All the workers were being over worked and treated like slaves.The management are so arrogant, they would also gossip about everyone’s personal lives.

Pros

Made new friends

Cons

Long hours, bad pay, bad management, mentally and physically draining

Don't waste your time here! Anywhere else is better!

Mitre 10 Mega Albany. A workplace with a management that looks down on their staff. Take no responsibility for their own actions. No wonder they have a such high staff turn around rate.The only thing previous staff miss are the team members they worked with. Management are very two faced towards employees. The pay is low (not living wage) with long hours to accommodate. Progression within the company is a joke. On top of that training is not provided by the company. Can't catch a break from the micro-managing management.Work Safe NZ should check out the building as many areas are unsafe and not up to scratch with regulations.Although they show a positive image to customers/consumers. Money is all management care about not the people!

Pros

Free use of coffee machine, small staff discount.

Cons

Long hours. Inconsistent fortnightly pay. Management take no responsibility. Management is horrible.

Greedy management that cares for nothing but money

Management in general cares nothing for anything but the budget and they make sure you know that's the main goal working here. I feel they would cut a staff member to save $10 and I saw this happen numerous times. Don't ever expect to get more than a raise to match inflation working here as discovered by myself and the majority of colleagues in my department.

Pros

Free sausages sometimes

Cons

Everything else

Always something to learn incorporated with in-house training.

Working on the customer service desk is demanding as many of the customers may be returning goods or asking for a refund due to an unsatisfactory product, therefore your people skills and problem solving skills must always be at their highest, and always a smile on your face. Learning the internal computer system and the thousands of products we sold, which is mostly homeware, kitchens, bathrooms, tools and so much more so every day there was something new.

Pretty decent place

I've worked in a few Mitre 10 stores around, and each had different management, so it really depends on the specific store as to our experience. Smith's Mitre 10 was excellent in providing discounts and events for staff which was very appreciated, and made a big difference in staff positivity. McAlpines Mitre 10 was less accommodating but still a relatively decent store to work at when I was there.

Overall good

Good people and overall good company would have been nice to stay on bug it was only casual . Great people. Helped out as much as they could make you laugh And good fun people.

low wage, no job progress despite of great result and sale

Low wage, no job promotion or pay raise despite of the great result. Physical pressure. But you can be lucky to have friendly and supportive team members.

Awesome and productive

It was my first official job so I wasn't too sure on what I should have expected. But it was extremely good. Gained new friendships and everyone was easy going. Environment ranged in age which made it more interesting and fun. Mangers and floor managers were really nice and just as easy to get a long with. Pay was always on time and accurate, everything was at a very high standard.

Staff Team Members good to work with Management could be better

on floor staff team members great, management could give more direction and training. Feel that lack of direction from middle management. moved around different departments so no chance to have good product knowledge and specialize in one area . No training is given

Mitre 10

The environment and work space at Mitre 10 QTown was amazing. Great staff with knowledgeable and informative training modules and support. Weekly mandatory retail modules were taken to ensure staff were up to date on any and all new rules procedures and WH/S.

Pros

Great work space

Cons

Cold inside sometimes

All in all great company to work for

My store was in a very touristy location, therefore constant employee turnover. That was fine as the company provide plenty of online and in-store training and more when requested. Very expensive area for the salary I was.on

Pros

Great work life balance, Constant training and team building activities, highly regarded company, plenty hours

Cons

Low salary, management could be better

Works well with study

As I was full-time studying they did allow me to work when time was available for me which worked very well with my timetable but they also offered during the holidays more hours which could be great for someone that has the time applicable.

I enjoy working for mitre 10

Working at mitre 10 is a fast paced job especially at this time of year. I have a supporting manager who I can talk to whenever I need. If you have family or health issues they are very accomodating. The pay scale is on par with the position pay elsewhere in the country. Team work is encouraged along with open communications the store owners provide a medical cover and fruit in the staff room every week

Need to pay more the profits company makes is appalling to what they pay considering they are a NZ company. The opposition Bunnings pay more

Need to close public holidays. Profits before people would be good if there was more balance. Definitely should be closed Waitangi Day and Labour weekend, also opening later on boxing day at 10.00 to 4pm

Pros

Cheap products for staff

Cons

Long hours, no balance of life, poor pay

Ok

Too much work not enough pay Managers were useless never addressed issues bullying etc. Worked hard for a 30 cent payrise was disappointed. The manager sat on her butt all day barked orders drank coffees. Bullied and intimidated staff. Struggled to survive and Left for another job paying $7$7motemoremore. Just a job expect low pay sexism bullying no progression.

great for people new to the workforce

this company has an extremely high turnover of staff. there are many staff that have stayed and progressed however there is no guarantee that they will be the most supportive of employers

Pros

occasional bonuses

Cons

rostered hours to cover all opperating hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITRE 10. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• MITRE 10