MITRE 10
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MITRE 10 Employee Reviews

Working on the customer service desk is demanding as many of the customers may be returning goods or asking for a refund due to an unsatisfactory product, therefore your people skills and problem solving skills must always be at their highest, and always a smile on your face. Learning the internal computer system and the thousands of products we sold, which is mostly homeware, kitchens, bathrooms, tools and so much more so every day there was something new.
I enjoyed going to work each day as we worked well together as a team. Our Management team were supportive and regularly showed their appreciation with a visit or phone call of congratulations.
We had limited training when computer systems changed so that was always difficult for staff to teach themselves a new system while still giving their best customer service. Overall I would recommend Mitre 10 as a great place to work.
Pros
friendly staff
I've worked in a few Mitre 10 stores around, and each had different management, so it really depends on the specific store as to our experience.
Smith's Mitre 10 was excellent in providing discounts and events for staff which was very appreciated, and made a big difference in staff positivity. McAlpines Mitre 10 was less accommodating but still a relatively decent store to work at when I was there.
Good people and overall good company would have been nice to stay on bug it was only casual .
Great people. Helped out as much as they could make you laugh And good fun people.
Low wage, no job promotion or pay raise despite of the great result.
Physical pressure. But you can be lucky to have friendly and supportive team members.
It was my first official job so I wasn't too sure on what I should have expected. But it was extremely good. Gained new friendships and everyone was easy going. Environment ranged in age which made it more interesting and fun. Mangers and floor managers were really nice and just as easy to get a long with. Pay was always on time and accurate, everything was at a very high standard.
on floor staff team members great, management could give more direction and training. Feel that lack of direction from middle management. moved around different departments so no chance to have good product knowledge and specialize in one area . No training is given
Not a bad place to work. They remove a lot of hours from casuals when winter approaches. Budget driven; reductions to hours seems to be there go to action to ensure this.
The environment and work space at Mitre 10 QTown was amazing. Great staff with knowledgeable and informative training modules and support. Weekly mandatory retail modules were taken to ensure staff were up to date on any and all new rules procedures and WH/S.
Pros
Great work space
Cons
Cold inside sometimes
My store was in a very touristy location, therefore constant employee turnover. That was fine as the company provide plenty of online and in-store training and more when requested. Very expensive area for the salary I was.on
Pros
Great work life balance, Constant training and team building activities, highly regarded company, plenty hours
Cons
Low salary, management could be better
Everyone there was calm and relaxed. They were very work efficient within their time limits. Was kinda slow-paced unless it was like a big sale event then it was very fast-paced
I found it very hard to get a job at these particular big businesses but I was just lucky to get 5 months from a recruitment agency which they needed me to fill in I was very happy to fill in and I enjoyed working there but I was just there to fill in I'm finding it very hard to get back at work and at mitre 10 because it's not what you know it's who you know
You always continue to learn new things, especially with the reps new ranges of product, the hardware industry is very rewarding with people talking us through their projects seeking advice and seeing the final result is very rewarding.
some aspects of the job were enjoyable, very relaxed and easy going, although the store can be drastically affected by the weather, i.e. very hot or very cold as the two extremes, dress appropriately for a day at work.
Ive learnt different types of timber products and hardware through the time ive been here. The work is easy going i dont think im getting paid enough money on hourly wage.
I recieved minimal hours, wasnt train appropriately and didnt get workplace safety training or work health and safety guidelines
I found it hard to work there
As I was full-time studying they did allow me to work when time was available for me which worked very well with my timetable but they also offered during the holidays more hours which could be great for someone that has the time applicable.
Working at mitre 10 is a fast paced job especially at this time of year. I have a supporting manager who I can talk to whenever I need. If you have family or health issues they are very accomodating. The pay scale is on par with the position pay elsewhere in the country. Team work is encouraged along with open communications the store owners provide a medical cover and fruit in the staff room every week
Need to close public holidays. Profits before people would be good if there was more balance. Definitely should be closed Waitangi Day and Labour weekend, also opening later on boxing day at 10.00 to 4pm
Pros
Cheap products for staff
Cons
Long hours, no balance of life, poor pay
Too much work not enough pay
Managers were useless never addressed issues bullying etc.

Worked hard for a 30 cent payrise was disappointed.

The manager sat on her butt all day barked orders drank coffees. Bullied and intimidated staff.

Struggled to survive and

Left for another job paying $7$7motemoremore. Just a job expect low pay sexism bullying no progression.
this company has an extremely high turnover of staff. there are many staff that have stayed and progressed however there is no guarantee that they will be the most supportive of employers
Pros
occasional bonuses
Cons
rostered hours to cover all opperating hours