MITRE 10
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MITRE 10 Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier9 reviews
New Zealand9 reviews
I've worked in a few Mitre 10 stores around, and each had different management, so it really depends on the specific store as to our experience.
Smith's Mitre 10 was excellent in providing discounts and events for staff which was very appreciated, and made a big difference in staff positivity. McAlpines Mitre 10 was less accommodating but still a relatively decent store to work at when I was there.
As I was full-time studying they did allow me to work when time was available for me which worked very well with my timetable but they also offered during the holidays more hours which could be great for someone that has the time applicable.
Working here everyone is very nice and the people you work with become like family. There is a lot of standing around but otherwise everything is awesome here.
Pros
Make new friends
Cons
standing a lot, so feet hurt
I prefer team work. Everyone should work as a team for efficiency and productivity at work. Like safe and friendly environment. I have learnt that we have to always encourage & motivate ourselves as well as our co workers that will lead to success of the organisation. The most enjoyable part is when I interact with different customers and the hardest part of my job is to make a difficult customer happy but I keep trying my best. Important part provide excellent service so they leave with a smile.
Pros
social club dinners
Cons
n/a
A typical day was to work on checkouts help with peoples need the best that I could. Some management left alot to be desired others couldnt do enough to help when it was busy. The co workers where a great bunch of people always there to lend a hand and alot of fun to be with.
Liked this job, The team were very friendly, kicked back and were very easy to get along with. Checkout operating was easier than i thought. Would happily do it again.
There are lots of nice people working at this store and you get to know everyone very quickly. Management is standard Pay is standard. I learned allot about Customer Service whilst working here. A majority of the workers in this store are Fijian/Indian culture and all related some how. They speak their own language in the workplace which is unfair to other workers and customers. But still there are alot of nice people at this job and an enjoyable place to work.
I always work in the weekends, as those days are the only time I'm free. It always is a typical day at work. I have learnt a lot since working with this company as this is my first job. I have been with this company since 2012. All the workers are kind and friendly. the most hardest part of working here is that the store in really big so it is hard to have all product knowledge but I did learn through out the times I've been here.
Pros
friendly staff, treats, bubbly environment
Cons
hard product knowledge, angry customers
the most enjoyable part of my job was the fun, friendly co-workers and the busy environment, i enjoyed most of my time at mitre 10 mega
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
some management issues