MITRE 10
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MITRE 10 Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate5 reviews
New Zealand5 reviews
I've enjoyed my time with Mitre 10 Mega.
A typical day is full of the tasks of retail: making sales, helping customers, keeping the area clean and tidy, providing support to other staff and most importantly providing excellent customer service.

I've learned to have confidence in my abilities and skills with the customers. Technically I've learned about furniture, heating, kitchen appliances, plumbing and bathroom supplies and trade checkout.

I've found management to be supportive and responsive.

I work with a group of supportive, fun people who are helpful and great to be around.

The hardest parts of the job is the sheer amount of product knowledge you need to develop, and dealing effectively with customers when the store gets very busy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I've satisfied my customer, and they have gone away with the product(s) they need having had a positive and professional sales experience with me. Next to this it is having the same customers return to deal with me for their next purchase.
Pros
Working in a field I love and working with a supportive, fun team.
Cons
Lack of on-going employment opportunities
The environment and work space at Mitre 10 QTown was amazing. Great staff with knowledgeable and informative training modules and support. Weekly mandatory retail modules were taken to ensure staff were up to date on any and all new rules procedures and WH/S.
Pros
Great work space
Cons
Cold inside sometimes
Easy job to get comfortable in but poor training and upper management weren't great on the whole. Experienced staff are great, really knowledgeable and helpful but tend to get underpaid hence such a high turnaround.
Workmates and team members were great to work alongside most of the time and I made good life long friends along the way but the management side of trade is slack and doesn't do anything for his staff and puts no effort into supporting team members on positive things but will lash out at the little things that makes him look bad.
Pros
Workmates, learning environment & the people I met
Cons
Trade manager
At work I enjoyed it a lot, I had learned many new skills from the team and management.It is very diverse and comes with some difficulties but are achievable. The most enjoyable part of my job would be communicating with the team and also customer service.