MITRE 10
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MITRE 10 Management reviews

New Zealand77 reviews
I've worked in a few Mitre 10 stores around, and each had different management, so it really depends on the specific store as to our experience.
Smith's Mitre 10 was excellent in providing discounts and events for staff which was very appreciated, and made a big difference in staff positivity. McAlpines Mitre 10 was less accommodating but still a relatively decent store to work at when I was there.
on floor staff team members great, management could give more direction and training. Feel that lack of direction from middle management. moved around different departments so no chance to have good product knowledge and specialize in one area . No training is given
My store was in a very touristy location, therefore constant employee turnover. That was fine as the company provide plenty of online and in-store training and more when requested. Very expensive area for the salary I was.on
Pros
Great work life balance, Constant training and team building activities, highly regarded company, plenty hours
Cons
Low salary, management could be better
Too much work not enough pay
Managers were useless never addressed issues bullying etc.

Worked hard for a 30 cent payrise was disappointed.

The manager sat on her butt all day barked orders drank coffees. Bullied and intimidated staff.
Struggled to survive and

Left for another job paying $7$7motemoremore. Just a job expect low pay sexism bullying no progression.
I love the team I work with but there are multiple people in management that forget that the people working are humans with feelings. The benefits of working here are poor, the discount varies, I have worked for over a year and seen my salary rise little to nothing, my employers do not give match me in my deposit of KiwiSaver, there is next to no appreciation for the effort I put in and I have never been given the opportunity to pick up extra shifts. This job is one that has taught me a lot and I have met some amazing hard working people but I will not be raving about my experience there. Just hoping that the management and treatment of staff improves.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Part time staff are left out of the loop and expected to know what to do constantly, management can be intense, few perks
Mitre 10 Takanini for at least 6 months before things went downhill. I began receiving 100% on mystery shop reports. I was always delivering with the "My 10 Cents Worth" survey. I loved my customers and had regulars that would come to my checkout. Things were good. The customer service team became sour towards quite a few of the checkout operators and due to them all being close in age, early 20's, they were all very involved in eachothers lives outside of work too, which meant they would bring outside drama in. I never had any problems with outside dramas, it was genuinely bullying for my praise from HR and other higher up management members.
Pros
I loved my customers. Cafe was always yum, food and drinks.
Cons
Long hours. Terrible management, too young for their roles mentally. No communication. Not much hands on training, only training was online.
I worked here for over 1 year. With such a huge emphasis on online training and health and safety it all initially appeared good.. The team I worked with worked extremely hard for just above minimum wage (interestingly lower than other areas of the same store). The Leadership in my area was dreadful (tyrannical). I encountered sexism, racism, bullying to a high extent and very low moral. Management was patently disinterested or out of their depth in addressing these issues.

Other hardworking staff shared these concerns.

Despite some efforts being made in some areas - the amount of plastic and recyclable materials being dumped (with little effort required) was shameful.
An old school company with traditional values and bright orange uniforms. Staff are managed rather than empowered, and that, along with the uniform, means most people don't feel pride in their job. Feels much like working in a factory line. Morale was low and culture was negative. Store Managers could be bullies ruling their kingdom, and there were loads of sexist comments.

It's a good place to learn on the job and meet new people. The company was trying hard to improve and learn from past mistakes.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Uniform, bullies
Planning, coordinating and implementing merchandising and operational business initiatives at store level and supporting other
functional areas of the business requiring work program implementations or store level actions.

Project management and coordination with Owner Operators, internal Stakeholders, Suppliers and third-party
Contractors to deliver new stores and store upgrades across the Mitre 10 network.
Pros
Team commitment to delivering results
Cons
Limited career advancement opportunities
Easy job to get comfortable in but poor training and upper management weren't great on the whole. Experienced staff are great, really knowledgeable and helpful but tend to get underpaid hence such a high turnaround.
I have enjoyed working with mitre10
I have been complemented by management and staff.
Had the opportunity to work on the shop floor as well as my cleaning roll.

The opportunity to learn new things.

E. Learning on different skills
Pros
Free fruit... Ham at Xmas and Xmas gift
As I am only employed on a casual basis and only work Saturday and Sundays and on call on other days when required I can only review on the days I work,
I start at 8am and work till either 4pm or 6pm as required

Usually my typical day starts with either picking orders for builders if any required then it is cleaning up ie putting stock away that has been picked but not required general clean up to make the work area safe

learning has been the different grades of timber etc

Management in the store is by department the trade department I have found to be inflexible I have applied to transfer to week days instead of only weekends but without success
Hardest part is on occasions moving the extra long timber
Most enjoyable is the friendship of all the staff throughout the store
Pros
Good staff discount and BBQ's for staff
Cons
As stated inflexible, when wanting to change to weekdays so I can have quality time with family at weekends
This was a great place to work with alot off friendly welcoming staff, very personalized management team always helpful, great team environment, lots of incentives for good sales and good salary, I had 3 pay rises in this company which was awesome, the hardest part of the job was grumpy customers but that was very rare. I enjoyed being responsible for the department for our manager, and I especially enjoyed the team building after hours that were provided for us, overall a great place to work I would definately work for Mitre 10 again.
Pros
Gas vouchers and supermarket vouchers 4 per week, free lunches, staff training for forklifts, health and safety training, osh, Nzqa certificates obtained aswell.
Cons
Some bossy staff and grumpy customers
Some great/talented people work for this business who are completely undervalued. Management are not interested in the well-being of staff although they profess to be.
Pros
Some excellent staff
Cons
Everything else
Workmates and team members were great to work alongside most of the time and I made good life long friends along the way but the management side of trade is slack and doesn't do anything for his staff and puts no effort into supporting team members on positive things but will lash out at the little things that makes him look bad.
Pros
Workmates, learning environment & the people I met
Cons
Trade manager
At work I enjoyed it a lot, I had learned many new skills from the team and management.It is very diverse and comes with some difficulties but are achievable. The most enjoyable part of my job would be communicating with the team and also customer service.
This branch has upper Management issues. They like to feel in control by picking on the most precious asset they have. Their staff!

The staff teams can be fun, with great knowledge and customer service, but they tend to let their fear of Management sadden their days. The hardest part of my day was being the buffer between Management and staff. They required me to manage and not lead! My teams worked better being led.

There are no benefits with this company. If you try to advance they will belittle you until you leave. This does however teach the soft leader, myself, to harden up. There is always a positive!

I would have liked to have been in the position to make friends here as there are some wonderful people from all walks of life and skill sets.
Pros
Staff and Customers
Cons
Upper Management
This was one of my first Retail jobs, this job started my retail adventure. Working for Hannah's was such a great experience and I learnt so much. Working with such a supportive team and management defiantly made it easy to go to work each day.
Pros
management
Cons
my contract running out
Management were excellent to deal with
Education available to up skill
Enjoyable work atmosphere

Resonable payrates
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Great Co workers and lots of laughs, great customers too. Had to work every weekend no exceptions. Very hard to get approved leave for appointments and in my particular department were short staffed so we couldn't even take annual leave. Minimum wage.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No family time, ridiculously low wage, management
It was a very good learning curb for me, I found a lot of good people amongst the team. Management was ok, they needed more people skills to deal with every type of cultural differences.