MITRE 10
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

MITRE 10 Employee Reviews

New Zealand76 reviews
Pretty decent place
I've worked in a few Mitre 10 stores around, and each had different management, so it really depends on the specific store as to our experience.
Smith's Mitre 10 was excellent in providing discounts and events for staff which was very appreciated, and made a big difference in staff positivity. McAlpines Mitre 10 was less accommodating but still a relatively decent store to work at when I was there.
Great Bosses, Great Colleagues, Great Company
This company has offered so many possibilities for me as a retailer. From education and qualification advancement to generous pay rate increases!

It was an honor working for this great company and it's people!

Highly recommend this workplace for a freshman in the work forces.
Pros
Friendly Colleagues, flexible holidays, opportunities for advancement.
Im a good worker
work is very busy but lots of fun, learning new things and meeting new people, this is what i enjoy every day. can always talk to H.R about anything you want to
Pros
this is a good thing, i hope !
Cons
As Above !
most enjoyable part of the job
Learning new things about DIY through listening and talking with fellow team members. This empowered me to be more confident in recommending solutions to customers to meet their DIY needs.
What I learnt
When I started in the job I had no idea about DIY. During my time I have learnt much about Plumbing needs, Electrical needs and such like.
Enjoyable work places
Management were excellent to deal with
Education available to up skill

Enjoyable work atmosphere

Resonable payrates
Pros
Staff discounts
Busy workplace
Here I was able to learn a lot more about the building industry, health and safety standards required for working on a building site, how to operate a wide range of power tools etc
very heavy intensive work
i was only there for work experience and like it very much. it was fun lifting up heavy boxes and putting them on top of a pallet and then taking them to the pick up zone where people would come and pick there packages.
Poorly paid
Great Co workers and lots of laughs, great customers too. Had to work every weekend no exceptions. Very hard to get approved leave for appointments and in my particular department were short staffed so we couldn't even take annual leave. Minimum wage.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No family time, ridiculously low wage, management
Loved it
Get to meet new friendly people, learn new things everyday, team members are great to work with, for work and life style was balanced, good pay and you get your 3 breaks, for experience wise is a great place for learning all trades,
i fully recommend....big ups ✌
Pros
good pay
hard learning and hard working
was a awesome place to work but also had its flaws as I had to learn a lot on my own which was dangerous at times.
But I also learnt a lot doing it myself and found ways which made me comfortable
Pros
gifts and discounts
Cons
poor manager
a excellent place to upskill
It was a very good learning curb for me, I found a lot of good people amongst the team. Management was ok, they needed more people skills to deal with every type of cultural differences.
its a productive and fun working environment
I prefer team work. Everyone should work as a team for efficiency and productivity at work. Like safe and friendly environment. I have learnt that we have to always encourage & motivate ourselves as well as our co workers that will lead to success of the organisation. The most enjoyable part is when I interact with different customers and the hardest part of my job is to make a difficult customer happy but I keep trying my best. Important part provide excellent service so they leave with a smile.
Pros
social club dinners
Cons
n/a
Mitre10 Mega was a Great pplace to work, I really enjoyed my many years with Mitre10
Shop Displays
Telephone and Customer Enquiries

Helped out at checkouts

Kitchen Designs and Quotes

Putting out new stock onto shelves

tickecting and labels

merchandising

checking off incomeing Kitchen Orders

Ordering of new Kitchens for client's

Gap reports

(theMonthly Smart Sheet Reports for Kitchen Sales and Quotes, updated dai;ly)

A typical Busy Day as like any other day,pretty full on in the KItchen Dept.

Management help out when required.

Hardest part of the job is finding available staff to help with the heavy lifting.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being busy,I enjoy working for a company that is fast paced.
Pros
Good Workmates, Lovely Employers
Cons
No room for Personal Development or Career Advancement.
was a great place to work at times,alot has changed over the past 8 years
everyone new everyone,was a great place to work at that time.pay rate was great for a retail place.managers at the time amazing and very helpful.
Pros
the people
Cons
managerment
very busy store and also fun people to work with
A typical day was to work on checkouts help with peoples need the best that I could. Some management left alot to be desired others couldnt do enough to help when it was busy. The co workers where a great bunch of people always there to lend a hand and alot of fun to be with.
ok place to work
A typical day at work is serving and assisting customers, filling and rotating products and filling out required documents.
Get to learn more about the products that we sell in store.

co-workers and shift supervisor are easy to get along with but some management are not.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but saying that the best part is making a customer happy.
Wasn't there long, great staff and team
I was there for one month.
In that time I met many great people that make the work place

the friendliest I've ever worked at.
Great people who worked on the sales floor.
Great work place with hard working people, always there to help and assist with day to day tasks. always something to change in the store for up coming promo's within the store when merchandising.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Sometimes had to work on public holidays
Friendly and Happy enviroment.
Liked this job, The team were very friendly, kicked back and were very easy to get along with. Checkout operating was easier than i thought. Would happily do it again.
Good Overall with a View to the Future
Great place to work, good team members and support. Fair hours and assignments, Regular learning opportunities, and just a fun place to work.
Pros
Great learning opportunities, Good suport