Montage International

Montage International Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Casual/ Fine Dining restaurant and Catering

They are only concerned about numbers, its business 1st restaurant 2nd. Which is true anywhere but, its a larger gap then most places and they will try to convince you otherwise. Pretty decent training when they opened but I am sure those standards have only continued to fall. The strongest staff often got weeded out cause you are constantly "putting out fires" and it gets very frustrating, the tip pool allows for the lazy staff to take it easy and have the least stress.

Pros

Hotel/ food discounts

Cons

needlyless difficult

Meh

Management had no idea what they were doing. The General manager at the time was a micro manager. Most management ended up with anxiety disorders because of the Micro Management. No appreciation and completely anti union.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

pay

Ok ok

Ok. But I think it's no need for 4 amsous ch we fs .they mikd u si really it's up to u if u want to move up inform benefits discount and they do care

Fun workplace but not dependable

Made good money for the tourist season but never had consistent management. The benefits aren’t all that great. Fine for a short term job. The leadership isn’t always looking out for your best interest and rarely got a lunch break

Harder than it has to be

This company used to be on top, but thier inattention to training and senior leadership challenges with the basics of integrity have sent it down to the rank of 'average.' Maybe it's ownership holding profit targets too high, but managers are left feeling like the mission is being strangled... a chronic starvation of what the company and reputation were built on. Avoid working here unless it checks all of your boxes.

Pros

Beautiful setting, nice product, mostly appreciative guests/owners.

Cons

Poor leadership, questionable food quality for associates, diificult location for commute, high cost of living.

What is the best part of working at ?The view of the bay and the children I worked with.What is the most stressful part about working at Montage Deer Valley?Then endless meetings and the constant loss of good coworkers.What is the work environment and culture like at Montage Palmetto Bluff?Uptight and no culture.What is a typical day like for you at Montage Palmetto Bluff?Navigating through limitless tasks and teaching myself operations as I never had any training.

Montage Resorts

The worst part is the fact that they want you to Stop. Stand. Smile. Give a Salutation to every single guest. You’re busy with housekeeping and they want you to give every single guest this line, “Good Morning Mrs Ford.” It’s not authentic. They want you to give five star service but they pay you at one star service. The pay is so low it’s not ok. Most of the staff is from another country on a J-one visa. The staff has very little choice because they’re here on a program called Work and Travel. The hotel, itself, is huge and POORLY designed. The elevators are in strange places. The stores carry overpriced, undesirable goods. The staff is expected to give guests “Mores” service without actually providing them with the resources to do so. It’s really an awfulCompany to work for. They don’t retain staff at all. The location is weird and far from town. Many associated have to take the city bus which takes a long time. Parking on site is a joke.

Pros

Discounted ski pass

Cons

Huge place, poorly designed, terrible pay

Great support and leadership

I have been supported in ways I haven’t been in the past. I was definitely set up for success! The work life balance is valued here, which is great. Great company to work for!

Truly an amazing company to work for

Out of all the hotels and hospitality groups I have worked for, no one comes close to Montage/Pendry. Management truly cares about their staff. The company is very modern with their involvement in employee satisfaction. They have great benefits, and they went above what the competitive wages for each position were.

They need more staff

Everyone is doing the job of two people and not getting paid for it. They want to cut labor costs and increase profit. Associates are continuously overwhelmed and not listened to. Great job if you have a passion for hospitality! The stress will be worth it. But if it truly isn't a passion, steer clear!!!!!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Overworked and underpaid

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Montage International?

Looks good on your resume

It is a new company compared to Marriott, Hilton or even Hyatt, so they have a lot work on when it comes to benefits, team building and resources. They are great about promoting from with in.

Great place to work. While the days may be long and expectations from guests are high, everyone works well together and support each other.Staffing during this time is hard anywhere, but we make best with who we got here.

Pros

Learning opportunities, career advancement, great team

Cons

long hours, affordable housing around the area

Company is good; Leadership was terrible

They only care about catering to the Guests. They never have the backs of the associates. You are made out to be the bad guy for trying to maintain a healthy work life balance.The company is good, feed us every day for free. But what makes me laugh is that they tell the Leaders to make sure that their employees are taking their breaks... yeah my team would be lucky to even get a lunch in. Almost all of the Leaders are new, which can be good or bad. The Leaders are only looking out for their themselves and if that means throwing people under the bus, they will.

Pros

Free food, close parking for leaders

Cons

no work life balance, poor management, only know schedule week in advance

Exceptional Experience

Working at Montage, Deer Valley help me understand that what we do is more then a service but an experience, you work hard, you learn a lot, recommended for everyone and the staff and the people you work with become your family, and the experience is amazing.

Pros

Accomodation, travel, learn new trends

Cons

Hours are a bit long

Beautiful property, finding it’s way

Montage is a wonderful, but young hospitality brand. It has a great culture but like many companies it is working to find it’s way through the pandemic.Leaders work to develop associates into true hospitality professionals and Montage invests in its people and their development.It is going to be a wonderful place to work, once all of the pains of operating a luxury hotel amidst a pandemic pass.

Pros

Great benefits, wonderful co-workers, employee meals

Cons

Long hours, understaffed, lack of work/life balance

Always something new

I've been here over 5 years. the culture has grown year over year that i have been here. I have incredible bosses, associate recognition and celebration has increased, and the property is growing.

Pros

free lunch, beautiful property, food truck events

Cons

Guests can be high need

Inconsistent management styles and poor support

I worked here for 2 years, the first year I had support from my managers but when they left my new managers did not. I tried for a year to work with them but without the support I got tired of having to answer to them instead of them helping me in the first place. I quit

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Horrible guests

Overall, would recommend

Overall, I would recommend working here. Management can be exclusive, demanding, hypocritical, and more but the money can be rewarding (at least in food and beverage). There is definitely the opportunity to move up. But when it comes to respect, often times you have to demand a certain level of respect. Otherwise, you will be treated less than fairly by any department or associate.

Pros

Free meal, laundry service, 401K, compensation

Cons

Poor management

Great Job

I loved working for Montage. My uniforms were always washed for me and we had a staff cafeteria. All my coworkers were the greatest and I miss this job every day.

Pros

Free Meals, Uniforms Cleaned Every Day, Pay

Benefits

Stay Away

Overworked, no support. They seem to only care about money. There are some nice people that work there, but they still have no staff and way too much is expected of you.

Pros

free cafeteria, parking, ski pass

Cons

long hours, small pay

No true Leadership

Amazing benefits and perks but soon if your are a truly passionate person of Service, it will wade. No direction or leadership from due their own ego or inexperience. Even as a line worker asking for additional duties and growth is superficial. The politics are toxic and the conniving are rewarded.

Pros

Lunch, discounts, benefits

Cons

Environmemt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montage International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Montage International