Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 2,232 reviews
Awesome culture and great skills learnt
Team member at Nando's (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland21 August 2019
Learnt so much at my time at nandos, could work every aspect within 5 months. The people and team at nandos are super helpful and the best teams to work with. Pay is also alright, you get paid good for what you do.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours and training
Cons
Late nights
Good start to a job but
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 June 2019
I’ve been working at Nandos for almost 2 years now and I must say it has been a lot of fun. You get the opportunity to meet new people who are always helpful. When I first started working it was a lot of fun, your always in a different position so your never at the same place and your constantly learning something new. I’ve learnt so much which I am always great full for. This is the 4th manager now and this manager is the worst of them all. He doesn’t help the team when it gets stressful, he only claps his hands and walks around doing nothing or he’ll yell at you without thinking to help. He puts the staff down telling shifty’s to put the staff in the back so they “hate the job and resign” instead of placing them elsewhere where they can become stronger in the given position, which is really sad. Stressful bit is the rush hour and having to do extra work but as long as your working together as a team your fine.
Pros
Free lunch, new friends.
Cons
Manager puts down his staff.
Fun and long hours
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand22 May 2019
Very organised system everyone works well with each other. Enjoyed meeting friendly employees and were very helpful with helping me start out on my first few days. Everything was pretty straight forward so i was able to learn things pretty quickly.
fun workplace
Back Office, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  st lukes5 September 2018
All the co-workers were really helpful and supportive. I am completely satisfied with the work environment. Managers are really understanding and supportive.
Pros
free meal, discount
Cons
minimum payment
Nandos Review
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 April 2018
- Family Vibe with staff
- Discounted food
- Get to move around and work in all areas
- Always something to do, you're never bored
- Music and the vibes are very lively
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Rude customers, Fast Paced
Fun workplace
Foh staff (Current Employee) –  Takanini, Auckland2 March 2018
Working at Nandos is hard work and can sometimes get stressful when the days get busier. You are always pushed to go above and beyond and given opportunities.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Hard work
not such a nice place
customer care (Former Employee) –  Auckland27 February 2018
very rude selfish people at Otahuhu branch.doesnt work well if you're not a punjabi cause apparently they only like working with people of our own race.
Pros
late start
Cons
extra long hours
productive
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland22 January 2018
A typical day at work, was that I have already planed on what to do at work and knowing the day was going to be fine. What I learned was always give the best for the customers liking and always busy yourself even if there's no work to be done. Workplace culture was hard for me because I didn't know what the team was talking about as they were speaking their own language. The hardest part of the job was, when it gets busy you get stressed out because people are telling you different things to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out in the kitchen and learning how to cook.
Pros
free hot chips
Cons
finished late
Average work place
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland24 December 2017
Nandos itself is a good place to work but i felt that i was treated horribly by managment as were many other staff members. We were verbally abused on many occasions and were targeted simply because we were female. Hours would go from 40 a week to as little as 5. The boys were always treated with respect but cant say the same for the girls.
Pros
Mostly good people
Cons
Abusive and sexist behaviour from manager.
good
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington27 September 2017
Manuka Health's Wild Flower Honey is a creamed amber honey with a distinctive, smooth taste. It is a delicious blend of the nectar from the wild flowers which grow abundantly in the pristine, remote valleys throughout New Zealand.

Wild Flower Honey can be used in baking as a sugar substitute in addition to more traditional uses - to sweeten tea and as a spread on toast. Wild Flower Honey is perfect in sauces and syrups as its delicate flavour will not overwhelm the other ingredients.
Fun workplace and great management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 April 2017
I have been working with Nandos for 2,5 years and during that time I have gained heaps of NZ Managerial experience and had met lots of Hospo professionals.

Nando's is a great company to work if you are able to work under pressure , but at the same time we always have fun while working together as family. We have created great team work environment where everyone enjoys coming for the shift.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No free lunches
Productive & Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland5 July 2016
Best company to learn team management, customer service, complaint handling & solving, customer engagement, forecasting sells/inventory stock/labour hours, staff hiring/handling/maintaining & if necessary then firing,
Pros
On going training, team environment, free launch.
Cons
long distance place
good workplace
nandoca (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland4 May 2016
from the day i started all the mangement and co-workers helped me a lot as it was my first job place in new zealand in a different country than my home country.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
long breaks
great place for learning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland24 April 2016
i learnt so much their. i give it 5 star. team work , managing skills and staff roaster and time management and customer service
serious, fun work place
nandoca (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington3 March 2016
a shift at nandos was always a fun shift.the team was respectful, but there weren't enough hours. i preferred working out back doing food prep but was often put out front.
Pros
met new people and was a good learning experience.
Cons
not enough hours. tired of fast food.
Fun and good workplace.
Part Time (Former Employee) –  Mount Eden, N26 January 2016
Nando's gave me a good experience working in food, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I feel happy that I learnt new things about work in food.
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  auckland8 August 2015
Learnt more about customer service and hospitality field.
My co-workers are more supportive
There is no hard job
I love to always to work in busy time, so that i can develop my multitasking skills
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Less hours
friendly environment
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  manukau,auckland6 April 2015
quit busy in weakends and learn alots of things about kitchen. Most enjoyable part is making chicken and handling orders
productive
FOH & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ashburton, S18 March 2015
It has been a very good experience working at Nando's. Very good people and manager. Multi-cultural work place. Tourist attraction. I enjoy working here as it is multi-cultural and lot of different things to learn like handling EFTPOS machine, cash and serving different ethnic groups. Friendly neighborhood and people.
Pros
good timings
Cons
bad management
it was always a happy and calm enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  new lynn13 August 2014
i learnt alot about working with diffrent cultures and people . i learnt how to be consistant and be a good fast learner.

my co workers were always helpful and always there when i needed a hand

i loved being able to be around people and helping them
Pros
free food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.