Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 1,818 reviews
Nandos Review
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 April 2018
- Family Vibe with staff
- Discounted food
- Get to move around and work in all areas
- Always something to do, you're never bored
- Music and the vibes are very lively
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Rude customers, Fast Paced
Fun workplace
Foh staff (Current Employee) –  Takanini, Auckland2 March 2018
Working at Nandos is hard work and can sometimes get stressful when the days get busier. You are always pushed to go above and beyond and given opportunities.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Hard work
not such a nice place
customer care (Former Employee) –  Auckland27 February 2018
very rude selfish people at Otahuhu branch.doesnt work well if you're not a punjabi cause apparently they only like working with people of our own race.
Pros
late start
Cons
extra long hours
productive
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland22 January 2018
A typical day at work, was that I have already planed on what to do at work and knowing the day was going to be fine. What I learned was always give the best for the customers liking and always busy yourself even if there's no work to be done. Workplace culture was hard for me because I didn't know what the team was talking about as they were speaking their own language. The hardest part of the job was, when it gets busy you get stressed out because people are telling you different things to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out in the kitchen and learning how to cook.
Pros
free hot chips
Cons
finished late
Average work place
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland24 December 2017
Nandos itself is a good place to work but i felt that i was treated horribly by managment as were many other staff members. We were verbally abused on many occasions and were targeted simply because we were female. Hours would go from 40 a week to as little as 5. The boys were always treated with respect but cant say the same for the girls.
Pros
Mostly good people
Cons
Abusive and sexist behaviour from manager.
good
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington27 September 2017
Manuka Health's Wild Flower Honey is a creamed amber honey with a distinctive, smooth taste. It is a delicious blend of the nectar from the wild flowers which grow abundantly in the pristine, remote valleys throughout New Zealand.

Wild Flower Honey can be used in baking as a sugar substitute in addition to more traditional uses - to sweeten tea and as a spread on toast. Wild Flower Honey is perfect in sauces and syrups as its delicate flavour will not overwhelm the other ingredients.
Fun workplace and great management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 April 2017
I have been working with Nandos for 2,5 years and during that time I have gained heaps of NZ Managerial experience and had met lots of Hospo professionals.

Nando's is a great company to work if you are able to work under pressure , but at the same time we always have fun while working together as family. We have created great team work environment where everyone enjoys coming for the shift.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No free lunches
Productive & Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland5 July 2016
Best company to learn team management, customer service, complaint handling & solving, customer engagement, forecasting sells/inventory stock/labour hours, staff hiring/handling/maintaining & if necessary then firing,
Pros
On going training, team environment, free launch.
Cons
long distance place
good workplace
nandoca (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland4 May 2016
from the day i started all the mangement and co-workers helped me a lot as it was my first job place in new zealand in a different country than my home country.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
long breaks
great place for learning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland24 April 2016
i learnt so much their. i give it 5 star. team work , managing skills and staff roaster and time management and customer service
serious, fun work place
nandoca (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington3 March 2016
a shift at nandos was always a fun shift.the team was respectful, but there weren't enough hours. i preferred working out back doing food prep but was often put out front.
Pros
met new people and was a good learning experience.
Cons
not enough hours. tired of fast food.
Fun and good workplace.
Part Time (Former Employee) –  Mount Eden, N26 January 2016
Nando's gave me a good experience working in food, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I feel happy that I learnt new things about work in food.
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  auckland8 August 2015
Learnt more about customer service and hospitality field.
My co-workers are more supportive
There is no hard job
I love to always to work in busy time, so that i can develop my multitasking skills
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Less hours
friendly environment
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  manukau,auckland6 April 2015
quit busy in weakends and learn alots of things about kitchen. Most enjoyable part is making chicken and handling orders
productive
FOH & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ashburton, S18 March 2015
It has been a very good experience working at Nando's. Very good people and manager. Multi-cultural work place. Tourist attraction. I enjoy working here as it is multi-cultural and lot of different things to learn like handling EFTPOS machine, cash and serving different ethnic groups. Friendly neighborhood and people.
Pros
good timings
Cons
bad management
it was always a happy and calm enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  new lynn13 August 2014
i learnt alot about working with diffrent cultures and people . i learnt how to be consistant and be a good fast learner.

my co workers were always helpful and always there when i needed a hand

i loved being able to be around people and helping them
Pros
free food
Fun with work place
crew member (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N21 July 2014
yahh , its good to work over here but i have not got enough hours so i left this job up
Fine, except...
Waiter and Cook (Former Employee) –  Courtenay Place, Wellington3 January 2014
Nando's - Courtenay Pl, Wellington

One can cook food, serve it to customers, take orders and clean tables. Each person does every job, no specialising, which is fine. Very good work. Enjoyable dealing with customers, easy cooking, good food.

The reason why I rated this job so badly was because of the lack of respect every staff member received from the owner of the restaurant. This restaurant had a very high turnover of staff, who were constantly quitting because of the disrespect and abuse they had to suffer, myself being one of many. Customers also were turned away.

However, that was only because of a few individuals. The actual job itself was fine. Perhaps it is better now, I heard it has different ownership in recent years.
Pros
Really good food
Cons
Constant Abuse and Offensive Language
Fun workplace
Cashier/ waitress (Former Employee) –  Ponsonby2 December 2013
I have learnt new skills such as using tills , my customer service skills, communication and also learnt to work as a group. A typical day at work was cleaning the restaurant , serving customers, giving them their orders , checking on them and asking them for their opinions and if they have any queries. My co-workers were really helpful and we worked well as a team. The hardesr part of the job was working till midnight occasionally. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning new things about cultures and business.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late night bookings
great work mates
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Manukau City28 July 2013
team work
customer service
management skills
friendly
lifting
cooking
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.