Nando's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Nando's:

Nando's Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,511 reviews
I enjoy doing Customer Service in Nando's. Staff is very co-operative. Everyday is a great challenge and In busy time, love to manage everything (Staff,Customer)together.
Taking orders customer service coordination ensuring customer service is not compromised by advising customers with the waiting time,allowing them to comprehend the menu items
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal hours
pay/hrs could be better more for people in school or part time. enjoyed the free meals everyday and the work was fairly easy. definitely pretty chill
Pros
free meals
Cons
pay
Great place to enter the working world. Had some incredible managers in my time there and great opportunities to do company activities. Good benefits and staff recognition but sometimes felt overworked.
Pros
Free meal every 4 hours, great workplace culture
Cons
Negative experiences with (some) customers
Central London ones: extremely organised and by-the-book
High accent on quality. Pretty good managers but don't expect to be promoted without some (heavy) a-kissing.

The ones around are less organised, create their own thing, forget about the company's culture. Nice girls will get the promotion.

The work is hard, a lot, and it's hot. They should pay back-of-house more than front of ouse
Pros
Good meals. Some will let you take some home. Usually nice staff, hard working people.
Cons
Some bad managers that expect a-kissing. Working hard is not enough. Going to parties, being fake, will guarantee a promotion.
It a good place for work, a good company and they pay reasonable salary. It was good so. Some management was good to work with and some it wasn't nice.
Good team work.
Pros
Free lunch and staff transport
Cons
One day off
Trabalho duro, mas para quem gosta de trabalhar é 5 estrelas
It’s a fun work environment with a good team. However always short for hours and old employees get complete hours only. You will hardly get the 8 hour shifts. Sometimes you will feel theirs favoritism among the team mates, which should be eradicated as soon as possible.Overall fine place to work at for experience.
Pros
Lunch Discount & Fun Activities
Cons
Less Hours
Nando's was a good experience but the way I was treated wasnt fair at all the mangers wasnt acting like mangers I felt uncomfortable evrtime I went to work and as a human you shouldn't have to feel that way or anyone should make you feel this way
Cons
I worked for Nandos for 1.5 years and really enjoyed my time there, staff days out we’re really fun, management we’re nice and easy to get along with. Good pay and lots of perks.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Rotas could be late at times
Nandos was a great company to work for, I started my working career and I learnt the basics of payroll at Nandos, I had to learn self independence however I needed growth and decided to leave
Pros
Team buildings
Cons
Salary
I had a great work experience with nando's lea ring how the company works and meeting new people, the set up the kitchen is really good and flexible with different stations to work with.
Nepalese and Indian dominated. (70-80% of the staff)
Toxic work culture, lots of gossiping.

Supervisors chosen to be supervisors because they were related to the assistant manager.

Supervisor had anger issues.
Pros
Ok pay, flexibility with times
Cons
I experienced a great team work in the company. the company pays you well also does lot of staff parties. staff meeting once every month to keep you up to date. you are appreciated and rewarded for hard work.
From my first day of interview I liked the reception i got the place was so good management as well and the mates i found were very supportive! Secondly I found the customers so nice with me
Pros
Breakfast and lunch
Cons
Always friendly fast paced but excellent experience loads of team meetings once a month team builds and xmas parties
Free drinks and food on every shift
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours weekends and late nights
Good atmosphere,excellent management, low salary, friendly staff, good apportuninity to upgrade skills and positions, suitable for young people's looking for catering future
Nandos was a fantastic experience to be involved in. I enjoyed every moment and I gained so much Experience and developed alot in my career.
The passion this brand has is totally unbelievable.

They valued me as an employee and opened up opportunities for growth.
There was some ups and downs, but the downs were derived for my love and passion working at Nando's, so if something didn't go the right way it actually upset me but it was because I cared! They have a great culture, and are always trying to make it better. I never worked for a company that actually had mandated 1 on 1s (manager and regular employee) that were for personal and professional growth. Nando's operates at all levels based off their 5 values. I was fortunate to have great managers that believed in the vision. Almost from day 1, my managers tried to teach me whatever they could if I was listening, which helped me move up to positions I never had in the past in any restaurant/industry. The only negative it that the company is young in this country, and is still going through some growing pains. If not for the pandemic I'd still be a part of it, helping it grow, and I wish I was! It was a great place to work, even while I tried to work out some of the kinks! One last thing, Head Office doesn't seem to have any understanding of how things really work at store level. If you've worked for corporate, you know.
Pros
The food, values, advancement
Cons
infant company in canada, some shifts were too long (closes)
This is a good company to work for if you are looking for a part time job or it is your first job but not a forever job there they look after their employees
this is a very good job if you can get the consistent hours needed and can be very good for someone such as a uni student or someone looking for a part time job.
Overall not a bad place to work and a very fast moving workplace.
Pros
free lunch and good breaks and pay
Cons
shifts can get stressful.