Nando's Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 2,137 reviews
Good start to a job but
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 June 2019
I’ve been working at Nandos for almost 2 years now and I must say it has been a lot of fun. You get the opportunity to meet new people who are always helpful. When I first started working it was a lot of fun, your always in a different position so your never at the same place and your constantly learning something new. I’ve learnt so much which I am always great full for. This is the 4th manager now and this manager is the worst of them all. He doesn’t help the team when it gets stressful, he only claps his hands and walks around doing nothing or he’ll yell at you without thinking to help. He puts the staff down telling shifty’s to put the staff in the back so they “hate the job and resign” instead of placing them elsewhere where they can become stronger in the given position, which is really sad. Stressful bit is the rush hour and having to do extra work but as long as your working together as a team your fine.
Pros
Free lunch, new friends.
Cons
Manager puts down his staff.
Fun and long hours
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand22 May 2019
Very organised system everyone works well with each other. Enjoyed meeting friendly employees and were very helpful with helping me start out on my first few days. Everything was pretty straight forward so i was able to learn things pretty quickly.
Nandos Review
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 April 2018
- Family Vibe with staff
- Discounted food
- Get to move around and work in all areas
- Always something to do, you're never bored
- Music and the vibes are very lively
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Rude customers, Fast Paced
not such a nice place
customer care (Former Employee) –  Auckland27 February 2018
very rude selfish people at Otahuhu branch.doesnt work well if you're not a punjabi cause apparently they only like working with people of our own race.
Pros
late start
Cons
extra long hours
Average work place
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland24 December 2017
Nandos itself is a good place to work but i felt that i was treated horribly by managment as were many other staff members. We were verbally abused on many occasions and were targeted simply because we were female. Hours would go from 40 a week to as little as 5. The boys were always treated with respect but cant say the same for the girls.
Pros
Mostly good people
Cons
Abusive and sexist behaviour from manager.
Fun workplace and great management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 April 2017
I have been working with Nandos for 2,5 years and during that time I have gained heaps of NZ Managerial experience and had met lots of Hospo professionals.

Nando's is a great company to work if you are able to work under pressure , but at the same time we always have fun while working together as family. We have created great team work environment where everyone enjoys coming for the shift.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No free lunches
Productive & Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland5 July 2016
Best company to learn team management, customer service, complaint handling & solving, customer engagement, forecasting sells/inventory stock/labour hours, staff hiring/handling/maintaining & if necessary then firing,
Pros
On going training, team environment, free launch.
Cons
long distance place
good workplace
nandoca (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland4 May 2016
from the day i started all the mangement and co-workers helped me a lot as it was my first job place in new zealand in a different country than my home country.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
long breaks
great place for learning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland24 April 2016
i learnt so much their. i give it 5 star. team work , managing skills and staff roaster and time management and customer service
Fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  auckland8 August 2015
Learnt more about customer service and hospitality field.
My co-workers are more supportive
There is no hard job
I love to always to work in busy time, so that i can develop my multitasking skills
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Less hours
Fun with work place
crew member (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N21 July 2014
yahh , its good to work over here but i have not got enough hours so i left this job up