Nando's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Nando's:

Nando's Management reviews

New Zealand30 reviews
Best company to learn team management, customer service, complaint handling & solving, customer engagement, forecasting sells/inventory stock/labour hours, staff hiring/handling/maintaining & if necessary then firing,
Pros
On going training, team environment, free launch.
Cons
long distance place
Work load was fine. Busy at some points, especially considering we were constantly understaffed to save money. A "do as I say, not do as I do" approach from the managers gave most of the staff a bad image of them. Terrible organization and follow through. After a year I was still on the lowest wage as they didn't seem to want to train people to be multiskilled, yet still wanted me to work both.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Managers, Pay, Workload
Boss deducts breaks you don't take so you don't get paid the full amount you work Not enough hours available when you constantly ask Poor pay for what you do Management useless, unprofessional, ineffective Unhygienic place, often fails audits Coworkers have a habit of talking behind each others backs Awful shifts and boss tends to make things up as they goes along which makes you look stupid when customers ask for things we don't do or against procedure and says the boss odes it for them all the time Perk: A free meal per shift of $15.50 :/
very rude selfish people at Otahuhu branch.doesnt work well if you're not a punjabi cause apparently they only like working with people of our own race.
Pros
late start
Cons
extra long hours
Nandos itself is a good place to work but i felt that i was treated horribly by managment as were many other staff members. We were verbally abused on many occasions and were targeted simply because we were female. Hours would go from 40 a week to as little as 5. The boys were always treated with respect but cant say the same for the girls.
Pros
Mostly good people
Cons
Abusive and sexist behaviour from manager.
i learnt so much their. i give it 5 star. team work , managing skills and staff roaster and time management and customer service
It has been a very good experience working at Nando's. Very good people and manager. Multi-cultural work place. Tourist attraction. I enjoy working here as it is multi-cultural and lot of different things to learn like handling EFTPOS machine, cash and serving different ethnic groups. Friendly neighborhood and people.
Pros
good timings
Cons
bad management
Nando's - Courtenay Pl, Wellington One can cook food, serve it to customers, take orders and clean tables. Each person does every job, no specialising, which is fine. Very good work. Enjoyable dealing with customers, easy cooking, good food. The reason why I rated this job so badly was because of the lack of respect every staff member received from the owner of the restaurant. This restaurant had a very high turnover of staff, who were constantly quitting because of the disrespect and abuse they had to suffer, myself being one of many. Customers also were turned away. However, that was only because of a few individuals. The actual job itself was fine. Perhaps it is better now, I heard it has different ownership in recent years.
Pros
Really good food
Cons
Constant Abuse and Offensive Language
team work customer service management skills friendly lifting cooking
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nando's?