Nando's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Nando's Employee Review

serious, fun work place

3 March 2016
a shift at nandos was always a fun shift.the team was respectful, but there weren't enough hours. i preferred working out back doing food prep but was often put out front.
Pros
met new people and was a good learning experience.
Cons
not enough hours. tired of fast food.
4 May 2016
Same role
nandoca (Current Employee) - Auckland, Auckland
from the day i started all the mangement and co-workers helped me a lot as it was my first job place in new zealand in a different country than my home country.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
long breaks
3 January 2014
Same location
Waiter and Cook (Former Employee) - Courtenay Place, Wellington
Nando's - Courtenay Pl, Wellington

One can cook food, serve it to customers, take orders and clean tables. Each person does every job, no specialising, which is fine. Very good work. Enjoyable dealing with customers, easy cooking, good food.

The reason why I rated this job so badly was because of the lack of respect every staff member received from the owner of the restaurant. This restaurant had a very high turnover of staff, who were constantly quitting because of the disrespect and abuse they had to suffer, myself being one of many. Customers also were turned away.

However, that was only because of a few individuals. The actual job itself was fine. Perhaps it is better now, I heard it has different ownership in recent years.
Pros
Really good food
Cons
Constant Abuse and Offensive Language
16 June 2020
Customer Service (Current Employee) - Mt. Eden, Auckland
I enjoy doing Customer Service in Nando's. Staff is very co-operative. Everyday is a great challenge and In busy time, love to manage everything (Staff,Customer)together.