Nando's Employee Review

Fine, except...
Waiter and Cook (Former Employee) –  Courtenay Place, Wellington3 January 2014
Nando's - Courtenay Pl, Wellington

One can cook food, serve it to customers, take orders and clean tables. Each person does every job, no specialising, which is fine. Very good work. Enjoyable dealing with customers, easy cooking, good food.

The reason why I rated this job so badly was because of the lack of respect every staff member received from the owner of the restaurant. This restaurant had a very high turnover of staff, who were constantly quitting because of the disrespect and abuse they had to suffer, myself being one of many. Customers also were turned away.

However, that was only because of a few individuals. The actual job itself was fine. Perhaps it is better now, I heard it has different ownership in recent years.
Pros
Really good food
Cons
Constant Abuse and Offensive Language

Other Nando's Employee Reviews

Busy productive and fun sometimes
Multiskilled Staff (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland4 September 2019
The workplace is a good place to work. The staff meal is also very good. They literally treat us humanly and that very rare nowadays in Hospitality industry.
Awesome culture and great skills learnt
Team member at Nando's (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland21 August 2019
Learnt so much at my time at nandos, could work every aspect within 5 months. The people and team at nandos are super helpful and the best teams to work with. Pay is also alright, you get paid good for what you do.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours and training
Cons
Late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.