Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 2,112 reviews
Fun with work place
crew member (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N21 July 2014
yahh , its good to work over here but i have not got enough hours so i left this job up
Fine, except...
Waiter and Cook (Former Employee) –  Courtenay Place, Wellington3 January 2014
Nando's - Courtenay Pl, Wellington

One can cook food, serve it to customers, take orders and clean tables. Each person does every job, no specialising, which is fine. Very good work. Enjoyable dealing with customers, easy cooking, good food.

The reason why I rated this job so badly was because of the lack of respect every staff member received from the owner of the restaurant. This restaurant had a very high turnover of staff, who were constantly quitting because of the disrespect and abuse they had to suffer, myself being one of many. Customers also were turned away.

However, that was only because of a few individuals. The actual job itself was fine. Perhaps it is better now, I heard it has different ownership in recent years.
Pros
Really good food
Cons
Constant Abuse and Offensive Language
Fun workplace
Cashier/ waitress (Former Employee) –  Ponsonby2 December 2013
I have learnt new skills such as using tills , my customer service skills, communication and also learnt to work as a group. A typical day at work was cleaning the restaurant , serving customers, giving them their orders , checking on them and asking them for their opinions and if they have any queries. My co-workers were really helpful and we worked well as a team. The hardesr part of the job was working till midnight occasionally. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning new things about cultures and business.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late night bookings
great work mates
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Manukau City28 July 2013
team work
customer service
management skills
friendly
lifting
cooking
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours
Pretty good job but not much potential to make it into a career
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Road21 August 2012
Serving customers face to face, making sure all there needs are met. Cooking in the kitchen, cleaning, maintaining stock levels.
Pros
good people to work with, good team vibe.
Cons
not always being paid when working late.