Nando's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Nando's:

Nando's Employee Reviews

New Zealand29 reviews
I enjoy doing Customer Service in Nando's. Staff is very co-operative. Everyday is a great challenge and In busy time, love to manage everything (Staff,Customer)together.
quit busy in weakends and learn alots of things about kitchen. Most enjoyable part is making chicken and handling orders
It has been a very good experience working at Nando's. Very good people and manager. Multi-cultural work place. Tourist attraction. I enjoy working here as it is multi-cultural and lot of different things to learn like handling EFTPOS machine, cash and serving different ethnic groups. Friendly neighborhood and people.
Pros
good timings
Cons
bad management
i learnt alot about working with diffrent cultures and people . i learnt how to be consistant and be a good fast learner.

my co workers were always helpful and always there when i needed a hand

i loved being able to be around people and helping them
Pros
free food
Cons
yahh , its good to work over here but i have not got enough hours so i left this job up
Nando's - Courtenay Pl, Wellington

One can cook food, serve it to customers, take orders and clean tables. Each person does every job, no specialising, which is fine. Very good work. Enjoyable dealing with customers, easy cooking, good food.

The reason why I rated this job so badly was because of the lack of respect every staff member received from the owner of the restaurant. This restaurant had a very high turnover of staff, who were constantly quitting because of the disrespect and abuse they had to suffer, myself being one of many. Customers also were turned away.

However, that was only because of a few individuals. The actual job itself was fine. Perhaps it is better now, I heard it has different ownership in recent years.
Pros
Really good food
Cons
Constant Abuse and Offensive Language
I have learnt new skills such as using tills , my customer service skills, communication and also learnt to work as a group. A typical day at work was cleaning the restaurant , serving customers, giving them their orders , checking on them and asking them for their opinions and if they have any queries. My co-workers were really helpful and we worked well as a team. The hardesr part of the job was working till midnight occasionally. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning new things about cultures and business.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late night bookings
team work
customer service

management skills

friendly

lifting

cooking
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours
Serving customers face to face, making sure all there needs are met. Cooking in the kitchen, cleaning, maintaining stock levels.
Pros
good people to work with, good team vibe.
Cons
not always being paid when working late.