New Plymouth District Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Plymouth District Council Employee Reviews

New Zealand6 reviews
Great place to work, lots of fun, great people. City is very nice but small. highly recommend. Great job security.

had the freedom to do my work as i wanted as long as i got it done
Didn't work directly at the NPDC but worked for them as a lifeguard at Waitara and it was good. Pay was above minimum wage, good people to work with, always paid at regular time. Overall good experience
The job itself was a great opportunity to gain access to the Events industry in New Plymouth. I have learnt alot through my placement in council and am thankful for the opportunity I had. The most enjoyable part was providing positive and exceptional customer service and building relationships with our customers. Where I could greet them first name, or continue a conversation we had during their last visit. Listening, understanding and exceeding customer expectations is what I aimed for. Unfortunate circumstances with management lead to my resignation but the job itself was one that I definitely love and greatly miss.
Opening all the mail for the council and distributing it to the right department, pickup and deliver any internal mail.
Print and bind Agenda for up and coming Council Meetings.

Enter Parking Tickets and Rate Debits.

Scan building consents to Records

Order Stationery for Council
Pros
Good Balance of Ages - fun people
Cons
No Cons
I enjoyed working with the team but did not enjoy being team leader. I am a hands on person who likes to help others. Found it more fulfilling being a member of the team and not the leader.
Preparing turf cricket wickets for first class and international fixtures. Learned the methods of preperation and how to manage sports ovals. Had a really good relationship with my team and peers. Toughest part of the job is the weather and the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of preparing great facilities.
Pros
Good OT
Cons
Long Hours in Summer
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Plymouth District Council. Our community is ready to answer.
New Plymouth District Council Reviews by Location