New Plymouth District Council Employee Reviews

Good place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Waitara, Taranaki11 April 2017
Didn't work directly at the NPDC but worked for them as a lifeguard at Waitara and it was good. Pay was above minimum wage, good people to work with, always paid at regular time. Overall good experience
Amazing opportunity to work within the Events and Venues Team
Customer Support Officer, Ticketing (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki30 January 2017
The job itself was a great opportunity to gain access to the Events industry in New Plymouth. I have learnt alot through my placement in council and am thankful for the opportunity I had. The most enjoyable part was providing positive and exceptional customer service and building relationships with our customers. Where I could greet them first name, or continue a conversation we had during their last visit. Listening, understanding and exceeding customer expectations is what I aimed for. Unfortunate circumstances with management lead to my resignation but the job itself was one that I definitely love and greatly miss.
Fun, Interesting Place to Work
Administration Assistant - Mailroom (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth District, Taranaki4 May 2016
Opening all the mail for the council and distributing it to the right department, pickup and deliver any internal mail.
Print and bind Agenda for up and coming Council Meetings.
Enter Parking Tickets and Rate Debits.
Scan building consents to Records
Order Stationery for Council
Pros
Good Balance of Ages - fun people
Cons
No Cons
Team Leader
Team Leader BST (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth1 December 2014
I enjoyed working with the team but did not enjoy being team leader. I am a hands on person who likes to help others. Found it more fulfilling being a member of the team and not the leader.
Apprentice Greenkeeper (Former Employee) –  Pukekura, S6 June 2013
Preparing turf cricket wickets for first class and international fixtures. Learned the methods of preperation and how to manage sports ovals. Had a really good relationship with my team and peers. Toughest part of the job is the weather and the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of preparing great facilities.
Pros
Good OT
Cons
Long Hours in Summer