New World Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New World Supermarket Employee Reviews

I enjoyed the time I worked at New World as a checkout operator you started either on the till or bagging the groceries. If staff away in other areas you helped out in bakery or deli. It was a fair place to work it had to be run like clockwork as there is so many staff. We also had to clean everyday get the trolleys, and do shop returns. Manage your own till making sure it added up at the end of each shift. The hardest part of the job was working a weekend very tiring talking to customers all day. Making the customers enjoy their shopping experience and they normally would come back to your checkout.
Pros
Staff and customers
Cons
Long hours and having to work weekends
If you are looking to work in a supermarket chain New World is it i had the hours i wanted loved the people i was working with management where lovely to work for as will
All staffs, manager, owner are very helpful and kind. They always like to help customers and staffs. We were working in a group. We were keeping place, shelfs and department very clean and tidy. They taught many profitable ideas in store. Any one can work easily there.
Pros
Helpful staff and owner
Cons
No any
Always a good place to start your working career. A great working environment for anyone to start. I was very grateful for this opportunity. Always a good atmosphere with the right people who can have fun.
Pros
Good start times
Cons
late shifts
The store i worked in was hard to please the management. Their way or no way. Low wages and no appreciation for the hard work put in. Management did not back staff if tough customer situations when staff was in the right.
There is plenty of opportunity to go forward from management , into the management owner ship programme great support threw food stuffs new Zealand , take any opportunity given by food stuffs
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Wasnt really anything to conplain about hourly rate not great as 2ic back then
I always love new world everything clean honestly good company safe they teach you everything and they make sure you understand and is good people you work with and become as a family and you can trust them
Busy and friendly culture. The job mainly involves grocery and food stuff products receiving. The environment is enjoyable and we are able to learn the various type and brands of products. The company management and workplace culture always emphasize teamwork policy.
going to work start talking start working have morning tea then back to work back to packing talking then lunch time then back to packing talking then home
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New World Supermarket?
They treat all their staff poorly,I quit that job thinking I was gonna be homeless. Honestly don’t work there they don’t let u have weekends off, go to another supermarket
Pros
Made mates
Cons
Everything else
It was great experience I worked at new world Kerikeri for 4 years almost and I learned so much from customers and my checkout manger she helped me lots as well
very good place for work good team work appreciation full training available good team culture i gain my confidence love to approach people very good management
Pros
team work
Cons
no staff discount
I worked part time as a Grocery Assistant. They have good workplace culture and very systematic in all they do. The management is very good and warm and they take good care of the employees.
Working at NEW WORLD is very good they trained me will on any works that my apply and its a very friendly and a well organized supermarket.I love to work with my workmates because they are all very kind.If there is a chance to work again there then i would really love too..
I really enjoyed my time working at the Rototuna new world supermarket. The staff that worked there are really nice an always make new incomers feel welcomed.
For a first job, I was willing to work happily. Over a year has passed and New World is a very stressful place to work. Very weird hours, really fast paced and high expectations to do lots of work. Very solo work which makes it less enjoyable and overall no Job Culture at all.
I enjoyed my time working at New World. But due to injury I’ve had to resign my position. I wish my employer and the store all the best and am thankful for my time there.
working experience is good but its hard to manage living expenses as this area is quite expensive and with the wages we received is less and rent, grocery is expensive here.
Pros
morning shout out for efficient team work
Cons
very busy schedule
I was welcomed and after a few pleasantries, I was taken to the interview room. Had a lovely conversation with the lovely lady in H.R. I found the supermarket to have lovely helpful staff.
Pros
The pros were nice wide aisles to shop in. Very clean store &friendly staff.
Cons
Left New World to continue with a cleaning business. Wished I had stayed with that company.
Working at New World is s great place where I came to learn many skills including Management,Team work,Procurement,Brand Management,Safety measures at work.
You get to experience a variety of new skills and tasks involved which are crucial to customer service. The skills you learn will be helpful towards further developing yourself if you pursue customer service orientated jobs. Management is well structured and efficient, they are present to help and support your learning through the job. The workplace culture is friendly and inviting, each team member treats each other as a second family and everyone takes care of each other. The most challenging parts of the job are dependent on which department you choose. Checkouts will present a variety of challenges which when encountered can be handled with training and skills provided to you. These challenges will enable you to grow and develop problem solving in a variety of situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with and the people you meet, they enable you to develop a high standard of work which can carry over into future job prospects.