New World
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

New World Employee Reviews

New Zealand18 reviews
I learned good skills from new world job as customer services, cooking, management, health and security importance, teamwork, soft skills and it also enhance my communication skills.
I have been working at new world new lynn from last 7 years
Beginning Was fine fine to work with but then managers seemed to be rude you can only move forward if you make your boss feel good and lick their a**

Never moves up in this last 7 years as I have always been working hard also the pay is very bad not enough for leaving cost
Pros
Time
Cons
Bad managers
Pretty much same stuff different day not much communication with peers which makes workday drag on, overly strict, not recommended for younger people as they look down on you and expect too much commitment. Nice work colleagues, recommended evening shifts.
Had good team to work with. People were very friendly I had to leave as there was no career progression for me. I had lot to do with physical work and had kids to look after therefore I had no choice but to leave New world
Many opportunities for those that are driven to succeed
Culture was led from owner operator through all levels of team

Supportive HR dept.

Learning opportunities abound
Pros
Cons
Work life balance
Love working at new world . it was good experience for me . I was always keen for new role at job . Staff is so good . Everyone's works as team never had any problem
Lower management are outstanding. Upper management expect far more than the varying pay grade between stores may be worth.

With licences, a ranking role, H&S cert... expect at most .50c over minimum. Barely enough to cover the extra unpaid time you will do (as pay is divided into 1/4 chunks)

Different owners dictate this pay differently. Expect the newer stores to have the worst pay of the lot. (CHCH)

When upper management is gone the mood is relaxed. Otherwise it is tense and customers feel this.

Overall a great summer job. Good hour variability. In no way should you expect more than that.
great friendly staff , easy workloads regardless of area . uptodate training given with on going training . understanding and warming crews. leadership is good and runs smoothly.
Pros
happy go lucky atmosphere
Cons
long hours grumpy customers
work was always fast paced and fun. I had the privilege of having some authority = moved around places to help when needed. good chatting to customers
Pros
great team
Cons
some customers attitudes
I learned how to be more time efficient, how to multi task better and how to prioritise work tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with a diverse customer base, who made my day go by super fast.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Working with a great team whom were friendly and witty, I learned a lot from all of the team and had a great compassionate manager, the hardest part of the job was at time had family issues but work was a priority and the most enjoyable was the team.
Pros
end of year rewards
Cons
not being home for a wayward teenager
I like all the companies that i worked for, i found new friends, i learned new ideas in baking and new design for cakes. And the management is awesome!
I worked at new world for 3 days and on those days I got to prepare food and serve customers
Pros
very welecoming
Cons
had to keep asking for new tasks to do throughout the day once i finished one
This is the supermarket. It is one of the leading company in NZ.
I have learnt how to play the important role in team work.
Very friendly staff to work with and very clean.

My work involved checking bags and looking out for shop lifters and meeting and greeting customers.
Pros
Ten minute tea break every two hours free coffee and tea
Cons
long hour plus week ends and bank holidays
That was the good company to work with. i have learnt a lot in that company by working with the multicultural people.
Pros
appriciation after doing something good
Cons
less timings
Very long hours. No chairs, had to stand at checkout all day.
Working at New World was a good job. The staff was friendly and helpful. They appreciate hard workers, and the management was the best i have worked for.