New World
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

New World Management reviews

New Zealand18 reviews
I learned good skills from new world job as customer services, cooking, management, health and security importance, teamwork, soft skills and it also enhance my communication skills.
Lower management are outstanding. Upper management expect far more than the varying pay grade between stores may be worth.

With licences, a ranking role, H&S cert... expect at most .50c over minimum. Barely enough to cover the extra unpaid time you will do (as pay is divided into 1/4 chunks)

Different owners dictate this pay differently. Expect the newer stores to have the worst pay of the lot. (CHCH)

When upper management is gone the mood is relaxed. Otherwise it is tense and customers feel this.

Overall a great summer job. Good hour variability. In no way should you expect more than that.
I learned how to be more time efficient, how to multi task better and how to prioritise work tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with a diverse customer base, who made my day go by super fast.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
I like all the companies that i worked for, i found new friends, i learned new ideas in baking and new design for cakes. And the management is awesome!
Working at New World was a good job. The staff was friendly and helpful. They appreciate hard workers, and the management was the best i have worked for.