New Zealand Army
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
New Zealand Army Employee Review

best hing a young man can do

26 November 2013
no such thing as a normal day every day we did different thing
13 August 2019
Crewman (Former Employee) - Waiouru Military Camp
to me, it seems it was going to be no joyride but eventually it got better I was a new recruit and it took a lot of processing to actually get the position but got through all the police checks and was leaving to become a soldier in the NZ Defense Force
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
long hours dorm
28 May 2019
Medic, Administrator, and Supplier logistics (Former Employee) - Christchurch, Canterbury
joined the army 2008 straight from high school. I joined as a medic first then a year later trade change to a Administrator for 6 years then joined reserved forces as a supplier logisitics. rejoined regular force 2015 as suptech logistics. here I learnt about warehousing, freight distribution, I gain a International air transport association qualification where I am qualified to send dangerous goods overseas. As a administrator I gained, communication skills, networking, intermediate standard of computer skills, planning and tasking, management. I gain more experience than real qualifications in this role.
Pros
free medical and dental
Cons
spent alot of time away from family
3 April 2019
SHIFT LEADER / KITCHENHAND (Former Employee) - Burnham, Canterbury
I loved my time with the Military. I was made redundant in 2017, otherwise I would still be there. In my time there I met a lot of wonderful people, from all walks of life. I learned all the skills I needed for formal and informal catering for large groups. the hardest part of the job was during the Christchurch earthquakes, yet in some ways it was the best, because the army is a family that takes care of its own. Management were wonderful to me when my husband was ill with cancer. They made it possible to see him every day, while allowing me to fit my work hours around this. A typical day at work was catering, while it was hard work, it was fun and very rewarding.
Pros
Free food, Superannuation, Study Leave, Great lifetime friends.