New Zealand Army
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Army Employee Reviews in Burnham, Canterbury

New Zealand Army Review
I loved my time with the Military. I was made redundant in 2017, otherwise I would still be there. In my time there I met a lot of wonderful people, from all walks of life. I learned all the skills I needed for formal and informal catering for large groups. the hardest part of the job was during the Christchurch earthquakes, yet in some ways it was the best, because the army is a family that takes care of its own. Management were wonderful to me when my husband was ill with cancer. They made it possible to see him every day, while allowing me to fit my work hours around this. A typical day at work was catering, while it was hard work, it was fun and very rewarding.
Pros
Free food, Superannuation, Study Leave, Great lifetime friends.
Cons
Changes
The army along with the entire defence force has experienced many changes recently which has eroded a lot of the loyalty that existed.
My typical day involves Meetings with the command team (of which I am part of), conducting planning tasks both present and future focused, account for security items, deal with any issues that may arise from the meetings or from personnel, liaising with outside agencies and produce documentation in support of any Squadron issues.
Pros
Free gym/fitness training, uniform provided.
Cons
Difficult with family life, no longer a carear-just a job (major change and dissapointing)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Zealand Army. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6