New Zealand Army
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Army Job Security & Advancement reviews

I was a Gunner in the New Zealand Army for 4 years, i enjoyed my time in the army, I had the opportunity to do various activities that i will remember for the rest of my life.
Good opportunities to make a life long career or have a good start to the working life. Plenty of sport involved and time off as well as early knock offs
Pros
Plenty of sport, good mates, cheap living, deployments
Great skills artillery infantry and crew man are your best combat careers or go from a trade if you don't want to be a lifer in the military gives you great skills and awesome training
It was the military so not much to disclose. It is what it is. There was a very social aspect to this and I have made life long friends no matter how many years pass, you just pick up where you left off, just a little rounder and more grey hairs.
- Varies within unit culture and objectives - Many skills - Great Management - Great life-long co-workers - ? - Camaraderie and Army culture
Professional Mission Focussed People Orientated A very good set of values Good leadership Well equipped and resourced Good balance between work and family life
Life changing time for a young man. I gained experience and life long friends. I encourage any person to enter military service. Very big part of who I am today.
A challenging career with a multitude of diverse skills to learn. From employing soldiers in a tactical environment to maintaining your uniform to a high standard. The NZ Army has taught me a lot about maintaining disciplinary standards, equipment husbandry, how to effectively employ myself and soldiers under my command to best achieve our commanders' intents. There are also a few perks with the NZ army such as various courses, education, licencing, the ability to travel on exchanges and operations. The best part about the career was the social environment. The soldiers and officers are not just your work colleagues but your mates as well.
Pros
Free lunches in the garrison environments. Free meals in the field
Cons
Sentry duties at night
Overall a good business to work for. A company that puts its workers first, with a great sense of achievement. The mix of work and life can be a struggle if you have a young family, so flexibility as an individual is very important if you decide to work for this company.
Great yet challenging experience, However not the most family friendly career.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New Zealand Army?
I have learnt the foundations for successful training and design
Pros
work life balance
Cons