New Zealand Army
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
New Zealand Army Employee Review

army life

28 May 2019
joined the army 2008 straight from high school. I joined as a medic first then a year later trade change to a Administrator for 6 years then joined reserved forces as a supplier logisitics. rejoined regular force 2015 as suptech logistics. here I learnt about warehousing, freight distribution, I gain a International air transport association qualification where I am qualified to send dangerous goods overseas.
As a administrator I gained, communication skills, networking, intermediate standard of computer skills, planning and tasking, management. I gain more experience than real qualifications in this role.
Pros
free medical and dental
Cons
spent alot of time away from family
3 March 2014
NZDF is a place for anyone wishing to work 'outside the box'.
Not for everyone however. Military service really is a lifestyle, not a job.
2 October 2017
Good opportunities to make a life long career or have a good start to the working life. Plenty of sport involved and time off as well as early knock offs
Pros
Plenty of sport, good mates, cheap living, deployments
13 March 2017
Same location
It was the military so not much to disclose. It is what it is. There was a very social aspect to this and I have made life long friends no matter how many years pass, you just pick up where you left off, just a little rounder and more grey hairs.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Zealand Army. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6