New Zealand Army

New Zealand Army Employee Review

View all New Zealand Army reviews

Military
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Christchurch13 March 2017
It was the military so not much to disclose. It is what it is. There was a very social aspect to this and I have made life long friends no matter how many years pass, you just pick up where you left off, just a little rounder and more grey hairs.

Other New Zealand Army Employee Reviews

working on LAV
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Waiouru Military Camp13 August 2019
to me, it seems it was going to be no joyride but eventually it got better I was a new recruit and it took a lot of processing to actually get the position but got through all the police checks and was leaving to become a soldier in the NZ Defense Force
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
long hours dorm
army life
joined the army 2008 straight from high school. I joined as a medic first then a year later trade change to a Administrator for 6 years then joined reserved forces as a supplier logisitics. rejoined regular force 2015 as suptech logistics. here I learnt about warehousing, freight distribution, I gain a International air transport association qualification where I am qualified to send dangerous goods overseas.
As a administrator I gained, communication skills, networking, intermediate standard of computer skills, planning and tasking, management. I gain more experience than real qualifications in this role.
Pros
free medical and dental
Cons
spent alot of time away from family